Vanilla-Glazed Apple Coffee Bundt Cake
- 2 ½ cups all-purpose flour
- 1 gala apple (peeled & diced)
- ½ cup unsalted butter (softened at room temperature)
- ½ cup organic brown sugar
- ½ cup organic cane sugar
- 1 ½ tsp. baking powder
- ½ tsp. baking soda
- 1 tsp. ground cinnamon
- ½ tsp. ground nutmeg
- ¼ tsp. ground allspice
- 1 tsp. sea salt
- ¼ cup apple butter
- 3 large eggs (room temperature)
- 1 cup almond milk (room temperature)
- 2 tsp. vanilla extract
- ¼ cup vegetable oil
- 3 cups organic powdered sugar (sifted)
- ¼ cup almond milk
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- Toasted chopped nuts: pecans (walnuts, etc.)
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Lightly coat Bundt cake pan with butter and dust with flour.
- In large bowl, whisk to combine flour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, nutmeg, allspice and salt. Set aside.
- In another bowl, use hand mixer on high-speed to beat butter, brown sugar and cane sugar until pale and fluffy – about 2-3 minutes.
- One at a time, add eggs. Then add vanilla extract, apple butter and oil. Mix until combined. While hand mixer is on low-speed, add dry ingredients to sugar mixture. Then add almond milk and continue mixing until batter is combined and smooth, about 3-4 minutes. )Note: The batter should be thick, yet easy to stir.) Fold in diced apples until incorporated.
- Scoop out batter evenly into Bundt cake pan and bake for 40-45 minutes, or until a toothpick or butter knife comes out clean when tested all around the cake.
- Remove cake from oven and let it cool completely in the pan before removing. Once cool, gently transfer it to cake stand or dish. Tip: Let cake cool for at least 1-2 hours in a cool place.
- In bowl, whisk powdered sugar, vanilla extract and almond milk until glaze is smooth and thick.
- Once the cake has cooled completely and is on cake stand or dish, generously drizzle vanilla glaze on top and sprinkle with toasted nuts, if desired.