Frontier Co-op: Ethically Sourced Spices Available at Vitacost
Frontier Co-Op Mediterranean Oregano Leaf Cut & Sifted Description
Cut & Sifted
Frontier Co-op® Fancy-Grade Oregano (botanical name Origanum onites) is a flowering plant in the mint family. Oregano has been used in cooking for thousands of years. This oregano is a robust, premium seasoning that is commonly found in Mexican, Italian, and Mediterranean cooking.
Oregano has a wide range of applications and is great in cheese, pasta, vegetable, and tomato dishes. It's also a great addition to sauces, dressings, and casseroles. The herb combines well with other spices, including garlic for general seasoning purposes. It also has a special similarity to basil.
This cut and sifted herb carries stronger flavor properties than fresh oregano. Our oregano is a robust spice, strongly and complexly aromatic. It is earthy with pungent overtones. Oregano delivers a warm, sweet, and bitter taste with a bit of a bite, and it is highly compatible with various recipes and sauces.
Frontier Co-op Fancy-Grade Oregano is hand-picked and sun-dried, then cut and sifted to provide a flavorful blend for many drinks and foods. Our oregano is kosher certified and non-irradiated.
Owned by stores and organizations that buy and sell our products, Frontier Co-op® has been a member-owned cooperative since 1976. We support natural living and our products are never irradiated or treated with ETO. We're committed to the health and welfare of the environment and everyone producing and consuming our botanical products.
Suggested Uses: Strongly and complexly aromatic, earthy, pungent, slightly bitter and astringent, oregano is a robust spice. It's indispensable in Italian and other Mediterranean cooking. Its special affinity for basil makes the two a great combination in vegetable, cheese, pasta and tomato dishes, and especially pizza. Mediterranean oregano is milder than Mexican, has a sweeter flavor and is considered better for Italian cooking. Mexican oregano is more often used in chili powders, chili con carne, and other hot/spicy dishes.
*These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.
The product you receive may contain additional details or differ from what is shown on this page, or the product may have additional information revealed by partially peeling back the label. We recommend you reference the complete information included with your product before consumption and do not rely solely on the details shown on this page. For more information, please see our full disclaimer
Vegan Mushroom-Stuffed Potatoes
You’ll have a hit on your hands whether you serve these twice-baked potatoes as an appetizer, side dish or vegan main. Stuffed with a medley of mushrooms, two kinds of vegan cheese, onion, garlic and Italian dressing, they satisfy with supersonic savory flavor. Drop some hot sauce
on top to pump up the volume.
Vegan Mushroom-Stuffed Potatoes
- 8 medium organic potatoes (skin on)
- 4 Tbsp. Primal Kitchen Dreamy Italian Dressing
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil
- 2 tsp. garlic (minced)
- 1/2 yellow onion (diced)
- Pinch salt
- 1/4 tsp. black pepper
- 1/2 tsp. parsley
- 1/4 tsp. oregano
- 1/4 tsp. thyme
- 1-1/2 cups mushrooms (any individual type or medley)
- 1 Tbsp. Organic SunButter Sunflower Butter
- 1 Tbsp. Bragg Nutritional Yeast
- 1/4 cup vegan mozzarella
- 1/4 cup vegan parmesan
- 2 Tbsp. chopped fresh parsley
- Hot sauce to garnish (optional)
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Pierce potatoes with fork several times and cut them in half. Slice each half lengthwise down middle.
- On baking sheet, arrange potatoes, drizzle well with Italian dressing and sprinkle with salt. Bake 35 minutes, until tender and skins are slightly shriveled.
- In pan over medium-low heat, heat olive oil. Add onions, garlic, salt, pepper, parsley, oregano and thyme and cook 10 minutes. Add mushrooms and cook another 10 minutes.
- Add sunflower butter, nutritional yeast, mozzarella and parmesan and cook 3 minutes until cheese is melted and all ingredients are well combined.
- Use fork to scoop out one teaspoonful from slice in each cooked potato half.
- Using spoon, stuff each potato with mushroom mixture. Sprinkle parsley on top. Place stuffed potato back in oven 5-10 minutes to melt cheese.
- Add hot sauce, if desired, when serving.
Add the ingredients to your cart!