Frontier Co-Op Organic Coriander Seed Ground Description
You can feel good about the superior flavor of Frontier Co-op seasonings. We look to growers who share our commitment to quality, sustainability, and ethical trade.
*These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.
The product you receive may contain additional details or differ from what is shown on this page, or the product may have additional information revealed by partially peeling back the label. We recommend you reference the complete information included with your product before consumption and do not rely solely on the details shown on this page. For more information, please see our full disclaimer
Moroccan Carrot Salad
Taking its spice cues from Morocco, this carrot and parsnip salad is an exotic eye-opener. Dispelling any preconceived notion you may have of cooked carrots, it’ll make you a true believer. First, you’ll steam carrots and parsnips until tender. Then you’ll brighten them with a splash of lemon and fresh cilantro and sauté quickly with garlic, coriander, fenugreek and crushed chili peppers. This out-of-this-world assemblage of seasonings elevates this side to craveable. Top with Kalamata olives and serve warm or cold.
Moroccan Carrot Salad
- 3 cups carrots (cut in ½-inch coins)
- ½ cup parsnip (cut in ½-inch coins)
- ¼ cup fresh cilantro (chopped and divided in two portions)
- Juice of 1 small lemon
- Himalayan pink salt (to taste)
- 1-2 Tbsp. organic olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves (slightly smashed)
- Black pepper (pinch)
- ½ tsp. crushed chili peppers
- ½ tsp. ground coriander seed
- ½ tsp. ground fenugreek seed
- 2 tsp. pitted Kalamata olives (sliced)
- In steamer, steam carrots and parsnips about 45 minutes, or until tender.
- In large bowl, add steamed vegetables and mix with lemon juice and pinch of salt.
- Add half chopped cilantro, mix well and set aside.
- In pan, heat olive oil and sauté garlic cloves for 2 minutes until fragrant.
- Add coriander, fenugreek, chili pepper, black pepper and pinch salt; sauté for 1 minute.
- Add vegetables and sauté for 1-2 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Discard garlic and transfer vegetables to serving dish.
- Sprinkle with fresh cilantro and olives.
- Serve warm or refrigerate at least 30 minutes and serve cool or at room temperature.
Get the ingredients you need to make this elevated side!