Frontier Co-op: Ethically Sourced Spices Available at Vitacost
Frontier Co-Op Organic Cornstarch Description
A staple in every kitchen, organic cornstarch is a reliable thickener, but it also gives texture to baked goods and helps distribute the heat in custards and fillings. Our organic bulk cornstarch is non-irradiated.
Owned by stores and organizations that buy and sell our products, Frontier Co-op® has been a member-owned cooperative since 1976. We support natural living and our products are never irradiated or treated with ETO. We're committed to the health and welfare of the environment and everyone producing and consuming our botanical products.
*These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.
Servings per Container: 0
|Amount Per Serving||% Daily Value|
| Calories from Fat||0|
|Total Fat||0 g||0%|
|Total Carbohydrate||9 g||3%|
| Dietary Fiber||0 g||0%|
| Sugars||0 g||*|
*Daily value not established.
The product you receive may contain additional details or differ from what is shown on this page, or the product may have additional information revealed by partially peeling back the label. We recommend you reference the complete information included with your product before consumption and do not rely solely on the details shown on this page. For more information, please see our full disclaimer
Mini Peanut Butter & Raspberry Jam Tarts
There are tons of sandwiches out there that can make your taste buds happy. But when it comes to making your heart happy… there’s one that rises above the rest. We’re talking about a good ol’ fashioned peanut butter and jelly
. Can you feel the nostalgia in the air? We remixed this classic combo and turned it into a delightful dessert! This PB&J tart recipe is vegan
and free of gluten and refined sugars. Show your special someone(s) how much you care with this sweet, love-filled treat.
Mini Peanut Butter & Raspberry Jam Tart
Dry crust ingredients
- 2.1 oz. brown rice flour
- 1.4 oz. almond flour
- 1.5 Tbsp. cornstarch
- 2 tsp. cocoa powder
Wed crust ingredients
- 3 Tbsp. vegetable oil
- 3 Tbsp. maple syrup
- Pinch natural salt
Peanut butter layer
- 1/2 cup coconut cream*
- 1/2 cup unsweetened & sat-free peanut butter
- 3-4 Tbsp. maple syrup
- 2 Tbsp. melted coconut oil
Raspberry chia jam layer
- 6 oz fresh or thawed frozen raspberries
- 4-6 Tbsp. maple syrup** (optional)
- 3 Tbsp. white chia seeds
- 2 Tbsp. lemon juice
- Fresh or frozen raspberries
- Edible flowers
- Preheat oven to 340 degrees F. In bowl, mix together all dry ingredients. Then, add wet ingredients and mix well.
- Scoop crust mixture into tart tin and gently press into the bottoms and sides. Bake for around 15 minutes or until cooked through. Remove from oven and let cool in tin.
- In small bowl, use fork to coarsely mash raspberries. Add remaining jam ingredients and mix well. Cover and refrigerate for 4 to 5 hours (ideally overnight).
- In blender, combine all ingredients for peanut butter layer. Pour into tart crusts and freeze to set (about 2-3 hours for 3-in. tins).
- To serve, remove cake from molds and spoon jam on top. Garnish with raspberries and edible flowers.
- *If coconut cream is solid, soak the can in hot water to melt cream before using.
- **Use optional maple syrup for a touch of sweetness if raspberries are tart.
- Order the ingredients you need to make this recipe at Vitacost.com!