Frontier Co-op: Ethically Sourced Spices Available at Vitacost
Frontier Co-Op Organic Peppermint Flavor Non-Alcoholic Description
Non-GMO Project Verified
Frontier Co-op® offers organic peppermint flavoring in a 2 ounce bottle. Our peppermint flavor is non-alcoholic and exudes minty, fresh peppermint flavor when combined with your favorite desserts. Frontier Co-op peppermint flavor is non-alcoholic, certified organic and kosher.
Frontier Co-op organic peppermint flavor is a best friend to chocolate, holiday baking and sinful drinks. For a minty and refreshing twist, add a few drops to cupcakes, scones, brownies, frostings, coffee, milkshakes, puddings, or homemade ice cream. The possibilities to add a dash or a splash of peppermint to dessert are almost endless.
Choosing Frontier Co-op peppermint flavor ensues that you’ll bring out the fullest flavor in your recipes without adding artificial flavors or sweeteners.
Owned by stores and organizations that buy and sell our products, Frontier Co-op® has been a member-owned cooperative since 1976. We support natural living and our products are never irradiated or treated with ETO. We're committed to the health and welfare of the environment and everyone producing and consuming our botanical products.
*These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.
Ingredients: Organic sunflower oil, organic peppermint oil
The product you receive may contain additional details or differ from what is shown on this page, or the product may have additional information revealed by partially peeling back the label. We recommend you reference the complete information included with your product before consumption and do not rely solely on the details shown on this page. For more information, please see our full disclaimer
Double Chocolate Candy Cane Cookies
What does one do with leftover candy canes? Heaven forbid you toss them out with the waning holiday spirit. Keep the magic going and make these chocolatey cookies. This wholesome vegan recipe uses better-for-you ingredients such as applesauce, cocoa powder, maple syrup and nondairy milk. Settle in with a mug of your favorite hot beverage and bask in the peppermint-y afterglow of the season. It really is a wonderful life.
Double Chocolate Candy Cane Cookies
- ½ cup coconut oil (melted)
- ½ cup + 2 Tbsp. unsweetened applesauce
- ¼ cup pure maple syrup
- 2 Tbsp. unsweetened soy milk (or preferred nondairy milk)
- 1-¼ tsp. peppermint extract
- 1 tsp. pure vanilla extract
- 2 cups unbleached all-purpose flour
- 1 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- ¾ cup coconut sugar
- 2 tsp. arrowroot powder
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- ¾ tsp. salt
- ½ cup vegan semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 3 candy canes (crushed)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper or reusable silicone baking mat.
- In large mixing bowl, whisk together coconut oil, applesauce, maple syrup, soy milk, peppermint extract and vanilla extract until combined.
- To wet ingredients, add flour, cocoa powder, sugar, arrowroot powder, baking soda and salt. Mix with wooden spoon or rubber spatula until thoroughly combined; gently fold in chocolate chips until well distributed. Tightly cover bowl and refrigerate for one hour.
- Using cookie scoop or measuring spoons, scoop two-tablespoon portions of chilled dough onto prepared baking sheet, spaced about 1-1 ½ inches apart. Sprinkle pinch of crushed candy canes on top of each cookie and press down gently to help candy stick.
- Bake 13 minutes or until candy canes are slightly melted and edges are firm.
- Let cool for at least 10 minutes before serving.
Get the ingredients and bake a batch!