There’s no such thing as too much butter--at least that’s what Grandma used to say. You think a little differently these days, opting for healthier alternatives like mashed avocado on toast and olive oil for cooking and baking. But that doesn’t mean you have to miss out on your family’s favorite butter-drenched dishes. This fettuccine features coconut oil infused with rich butter flavor that will surely trick your taste buds into thinking it’s the real thing. Plus, with mung-bean-based fettuccine and nutritional yeast in place of cheese, you can still enjoy Grandma’s famous pasta without any downside.
1 pkg. Explore Cuisine Mung Bean Fettuccine
1 small head of cauliflower, cut into large bite sized pieces
3/4 cup Nutiva Coconut Oil with Buttery Flavor, separated
1/2 tsp. Redmond Real Salt
2 Tbsp. dried parsley
1 tsp. garlic powder
1/2 tsp. black pepper
2 Tbsp. Braggs Nutritional Yeast, optional
- Preheat oven.
- Cook fettuccine according to package directions, drain and set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine cauliflower, 1/4 cup coconut oil, nutritional yeast, salt and pepper. Toss until well coated.
- Transfer cauliflower to baking sheet and bake for 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, heat a pan on medium heat. Add 1/2 cup coconut oil, garlic and parsley. Cook for a few minutes.
- In a large serving bowl, add fettuccine and browned coconut oil mixture. Toss gently to combine. Add cauliflower and toss. Serve immediately and garnish with fresh mint or parsley, if desired.