Good morning! It’s time for breakfast, but you can’t quite muster up enthusiasm for your regular protein shake or bowl of oatmeal. Swap the standards for this savory dish featuring squash, hemp protein powder and a paleo flour blend with hints of vanilla and cinnamon. You’ll have these hot cakes on the table quickly and they’ll be gone before you know it, but the delicious, sweet-and-savory taste will stay with you the whole day through.
1 delicata or butternut squash, cooked and split in half
1 cup Manitoba Hemp Pro 70 protein powder
3/4 cup Bob’s Red Mill Paleo Flour
2 chia/flax egg
1 Tbsp. vanilla
1 -2 tsp. cinnamon
1 -2 Tbsp. coconut oil
- In a high-speed blender, combine all ingredients until smooth.
- Heat a skillet over medium-high heat and add oil. Scoop desired amount of squash mixture from blender and plop onto skillet. Cook for 3 minutes or until edges bubble, then flip over and cook a few more minutes.
- Serve hot and topped with extra coconut oil and toasted squash seeds or other toppings of your choice.
- Save the seeds from the squash for toasting! And add them to your cake to serve.
- Make a double or triple batch of these and freeze. They make excellent on-the-go breakfasts.