It’s nearly impossible to get the whole family to agree on dinner. Unless you cave and order a pizza, the odds are against you. However, there is one thing you haven’t tried: Buffalo chicken pasta. Most likely, you’ll have them at “Buffalo chicken.” But you know it’s the red lentil penne pasta that really makes this meal complete. Sneaking in a little extra protein and fiber from low-glycemic carbs is mission impossible in and of itself. That’s the beauty of this spicy-sweet, family-style dinner – you can accomplish it all.
1 lb. organic chicken, cubed
1 box Explore Cuisine Red Lentil Penne
2/3 cup hot sauce
1/2 cup melted Nutiva Coconut Oil with Buttery Flavor + 1 Tbsp.
1 Tbsp. MCT oil
1 Tbsp. honey
1 Tbsp. apple cider vinegar
1 Tbsp. paprika
1/2 tsp. garlic powder
1/4 tsp. Redmond Real Salt
1. In a large pot, prepare penne according to package directions.
2. In a large bowl, add hot sauce, coconut oil, MCT oil, honey, apple cider vinegar, paprika, garlic and salt. Stir until well combined and a thick sauce forms.
3. In a separate bowl, add chicken.
4. Pour half of the sauce over the chicken and let marinate for a few minutes.
5. Meanwhile, heat a frying pan with 1 tablespoon coconut oil.
6. Add marinated chicken and heat until cooked through, about 8 minutes.
7. Once done, drain pasta and return to large pot.
8. Add chicken and remaining sauce. Stir to combine.
Make it vegan: Replace chicken with 1 large head of cauliflower. Bake the cauliflower at 350 degrees F for 20 minutes, or pan-fry it.
Make it cheezy: Add 3 tablespoons nutritional yeast to sauce mixture for a vegan-friendly cheeze sauce.