Imagine Foods Organic Low Sodium Free Range Chicken Broth Description
Low Fat & Low Sodium
Made in USA
It starts with real ingredients
We sweat the little details so you don't have to: our organic free range chicken and farm-grown organic vegetables are expertly blended with select herbs and spices. You can see, smell, and taste the difference that only the best ingredients make - from traditional chicken noodle soup to more flavorful mashed potatoes, our low sodium free range chicken broth will help you add that delicious flavor to all your favorite homemade creations.
Shake well. After opening, refrigerate and use within 7 days.
Stovetop: Heat on medium in a saucepan, stirring frequently.
Microwave: Heat on high for 1 minute in microwave-safe bowl. Stir and repeat.
GMOs, gluten, artificial ingredients or preservatives.
*These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.
Serving Size: 1 Cup (240 mL)
Servings per Container: 4
|Amount Per Serving||% Daily Value|
|Total Fat||0.5 g||1%|
| Saturated Fat||0 g||0%|
| Trans Fat||0 g|
|Cholesterol less than||5 mg||1%|
|Total Carbohydrate||2 g||1%|
| Dietary Fiber||0 g||0%|
| Sugars <1 g (Includes 0g Added Sugars)||0 g||0%|
|Vitamin D||0 mcg||0%|
Other Ingredients: Organic chicken broth (filtered water, organic chicken), organic onions, organic celery, organic carrots, natural chicken flavor, organic spices, sea salt.
The product you receive may contain additional details or differ from what is shown on this page, or the product may have additional information revealed by partially peeling back the label. We recommend you reference the complete information included with your product before consumption and do not rely solely on the details shown on this page. For more information, please see our full disclaimer
Hearty Chicken and Lentil Soup
We all love warming up with a bowl of hot soup
in the cooler weather. The feeling never stops being cozy and homey and just good for the soul. And there are so many options to try! Fun tweaks on tried-and-true recipes are like old friends showing up and inspiring us with new stories – there is familiarity and love, but with a fresh sense of excitement. This easy recipe replaces noodles with lentils for a healthy and satiating meal. Together with potatoes, carrots, onion and chicken, the lentils lend a stew-like consistency. The stick-to-your-ribs heartiness is sure to spark new adventures of your own.
Hearty Chicken and Lentil Soup
- 1-¼ lbs. organic chicken breasts or thighs
- Avocado oil spray
- 2 cups golden potatoes (chopped)
- ½ cup onion (diced)
- 1 cup carrots (sliced)
- 32 oz. organic chicken broth
- 1 cup water
- ¾ cup lentils
- ½ tsp. salt
- ¼ tsp. thyme
- ? tsp. black pepper
- ¼ cup fresh parsley (chopped)
- Heat soup pot or French or Dutch oven to medium heat, spray bottom with avocado oil and add chicken. Sear on both sides about 15 minutes total. (Note: Chicken doesn’t have to be completely cooked after browning on each side.)
- Remove chicken from pot and set aside to cool slightly.
- In pot, sauté potatoes, onion and carrots 10 minutes.
- Cut chicken into bite-sized pieces and add back to pot. Pour in chicken broth and water. Add lentils, bring soup to boil, cover and simmer for 15-20 minutes.
- Once lentils are cooked, add salt, pepper and thyme. Adjust seasoning to taste.
- Top with parsley upon serving.
Order the ingredients you need from Vitacost!