Similar to tortillas, these homemade flatbreads, flavored with nutritious sweet potatoes and fresh rosemary, are extremely versatile. They’re perfect for making burritos, tacos, veggie wraps and even personal pizzas. If you’re crazy for curry, try using one to soak up the delectable sauces left over in the bottom of your bowl. How ever you choose to enjoy these wraps, just make sure to keep this recipe handy because you’ll want to make it over and over again!
Makes 6 flatbreads
1. Boil sweet potatoes until tender. Peel skin and use fork to mash.
2. In large bowl, combine mashed sweet potato, 1 cup white whole wheat flour, salt and rosemary. Use hands to mix and knead into soft dough (no water needed). Note: If dough feels too sticky, add a teaspoon of oil. You may also need to add 1 to 2 tablespoons extra flour to bring it all together. Once you have a soft dough, cover it and let rest for 10 minutes.
3. Divide dough into 6 equal parts.
4. Heat skillet on medium heat. Take one part of the dough and roll it into a circle, around 7 to 8 inches in diameter. Place rolled flatbread on hot skillet. Cook on one side and flip to cook the other side until the bread gets brown spots. Use spatula to press flatbreads as they cook. Repeat with remaining 5 flatbreads.
5. Once cooked, you may brush the flatbreads with oil if desired. Wrap flatbreads in aluminum foil and cover with kitchen towel to keep soft until ready to eat.