King Arthur Baking Company Organic Unbleached All Purpose Flour Description
- Milled From Select 100% American Wheat
A Versatile Unbleached Flour for Exceptional Results
Never Bleached. Never Bromated. No Preservatives
Try it once. Trust it always.
Non-GMO Project Verified
King Arthur Flour, America's oldest flour company, made up of passionate bakers committed to spreading the joy of baking. That's why they take such care with their flour. Unbleached and unblemished by chemicals, King Arthur Flour is the professional' s choice and the hoe baker's trusted partner, prized for its consistent quality.
As essential as good flour is to good results, for us, it's still only the beginning. King Arthur Flour offers help of all kinds to ensure the success of bakers everywhere.
Choose the right flour.
All-Purpose, Bread, Whole Wheat, White Whole Wheat, Self-Rising, or Cake flour-for every kind of baking, trust King Arthur quality.
After opening, keep cool and dry in a sealed container. Freeze for prolonged storage.
Preservatives, never bleached, never bromated, GMOs.
*These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.
Serving Size: 1/4 Cup (30 g)
Servings per Container: About 30
|Amount Per Serving||% Daily Value|
| Calories from Fat||0||*|
|Total Fat||0 g||0%|
| Saturated Fat||0 g||0%|
| Trans Fat||0 g|
|Total Carbohydrate||23 g||8%|
| Dietary Fiber -||1 g||4%|
| Sugars||0 g||*|
*Daily value not established.
Other Ingredients: Certified 100% organic wheat flour ,100% organic malted barley flour.
Do not eat raw flour, dough or batter.
The product packaging you receive may contain additional details or may differ from what is shown on our website. We recommend that you reference the complete information included with your product before consumption and do not rely solely on the details shown on this page. For more information, please see our full disclaimer
Homemade Pita Bread
Pita, a round flatbread popular in Mediterranean cuisine, is slightly puffy, soft, a bit chewy and can be used in many wonderful ways. Dip it into freshly made chickpea hummus
, use it as a base for pizza
, wrap up your favorite veggies or meats into a sandwich, or even toast it into triangles to make chips. One thing is a constant – pita is easy to make at home and so satisfying warm out of the skillet. You knead
to try your hand at this simple bread!
Homemade Pita Bread
- 1 cup lukewarm water
- 2 tsp. yeast
- Pinch sugar
- 3 cups all-purpose flour (+ more for dusting)
- Kosher salt
- 2 Tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
- In large mixing bowl, stir together water, yeast and sugar until dissolved.
- Add ½ cup flour and whisk. Let rest uncovered in location slightly above room temperature for 15 minutes or until bubbles form.
- Mix in salt, olive oil and remaining flour until stringy.
- Knead mixture in bowl until batter forms, around 1 minute.
- Dust flat surface. Knead dough on surface for 2 minutes or until smooth ball forms. Cover with towel and let rest 10 minutes. Knead again a few minutes until slightly more moist.
- In clean mixing bowl, place ball of dough and cover entirely with light coating of olive oil. Cover with plastic wrap and let rest for 1 hour until dough doubles in size.
- Once risen, place dough on dusted flat surface and divide into roughly eight equal pieces; shape into balls.
- Use floured rolling pin to flatten each ball into ¼-inch-thick circle. Lift and turn dough to prevent sticking to surface. (Note: Keep dough circles covered with damp towel while cooking individual pieces.)
- Heat cast iron skillet over medium-high heat, then drizzle in olive oil. Place one dough circle onto skillet and cook for 45 seconds or until bubbles form. Using spatula, flip and cook for 1 minute.
- Repeat until all dough is used.
Grab all the ingredients you knead!