Getting the gang together soon? Whether you’re watching the big game or hosting a movie night, you’ll need a tasty and filling appetizer to offer your guests. Salsa and guac are great options, but to really serve something special, whip up this easy-breezy taco dip. A simple crockpot appetizer, this meal takes very little active cooking time and comes together in the slow cooker in three hours. Make dipping quicker and less messy by offering guests their own individual bowls – they can add any toppings they like! Need a vegan version? Swap the ground beef for beans and use vegan shredded cheese.
Crockpot Taco Dip
- 1 lb. ground beef or turkey ((use black or pinto beans for vegan version))
- 2 tsp. chili powder
- 1 tsp. cumin
- 1 tsp. salt
- ½ tsp. black pepper
- ¼ tsp. oregano
- ¼ tsp. garlic powder
- 1 cup diced tomatoes
- ¼ cup diced green chiles ((2 oz.))
- 1 cup full-fat coconut milk
- ? cup sliced black olives
- ? cup freshly chopped cilantro
- 1 cup shredded cheese ((use vegan if necessary!))
- Diced avocado ((optional))
- Tortilla chips ((for serving))
- In medium skillet, cook ground beef on stovetop, using a wooden spoon to break up meat. Drain any excess fat and discard.
- Stir spices into meat, followed by diced tomatoes and green chiles. If desired, mix in a can of beans as well.
- Spoon mixture into crockpot and add the white, full-fat portion of coconut milk from the top of the can.
- Cover crockpot and cook on low for 2-3 hours.
- Top with olives, cheese and cilantro and serve with tortilla chips. If desired, potion dip into individual bowls. Alternatively, serve nacho-style by placing chips on plate and spooning dip over top.