Namaste Foods Gluten Free Muffin & Scone Mix Description
Baking directions for Muffins:
What You Need: 2 Eggs, ¼ Cup Oil, 1 Cup Water
Prep: Heat oven to 400F. Lightly spray or grease muffin pan (or paper liners).
Mix: Combine 2 eggs, ¼ cup oil and 1 cup water. Add to muffin mix and blend well.
Bake: Bake for approximately 12-15 minutes or until tops turn a light golden brown. Makes about 12 muffins.
Try for Fun: Add any of the following (or make your own combination): dried cherries, dried or fresh cranberries, blueberries, chocolate chips, nuts, poppyseeds, lemon or orange zest. Also, you can substitute fruit juice for some or all of the water for extra flavor. A sprinkling of cinnamon and sugar on top is always nice, too!
Gluten, wheat, soy corn, potato, peanuts, tree nuts, dairy and casein.
*These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.
Serving Size: 1/12 Package (38 g)
Servings per Container: 12
|Amount Per Serving||% Daily Value|
|Total Fat||0 g||0%|
| Saturated Fat||0 g||0%|
| Trans Fat||0 g|
|Total Carbohydrate||29 g|
| Dietary Fiber||1 g||4%|
| Sugars||9 g||9%|
Other Ingredients: Sweet brown rice flour, cane sugar, brown rice flour, tapioca starch, arrowroot powder, rice syrup solids (rice syrup solids, rice protein, tocopherols), citus fiber, cream of tartar, baking soda, salt, and ground vanilla bean.
Actual oven temperature may vary. Adjust baking time as needed.
The product packaging you receive may contain additional details or may differ from what is shown on our website. We recommend that you reference the complete information included with your product before consumption and do not rely solely on the details shown on this page. For more information, please see our full disclaimer
Gluten-Free Ginger Scones with Lemon Glaze
When you have a little extra time, bake your breakfast! These sweet-and-zesty pastries make for a tasty weekend morning treat. But if you’re late to rise, enjoy one (or two!) with a calming tea in the afternoon or you can even sneak in a bite for dessert! Made with real lemons and crystallized ginger, these crumbly scones take little time to prepare and around 20 minutes to bake. Glaze each one with a sugary-lemon glaze or feel free to omit for a more savory biscuit!
1 pkg. Namaste Foods Gluten-Free Muffin & Scone Mix
8 Tbsp. cold butter
2 tsp. finely grated lemon zest
2 Tbsp. fresh lemon juice
2 eggs, beaten
1/3 cup milk
1/2 cup finely chopped candied ginger
2 cups Vitacost Organic Powdered Sugar
3 Tbsp. lemon juice
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Line cookie sheet with parchment paper.
- In bowl, whisk together dry mix and lemon zest. Cut butter into mixture using pastry blender or forks until somewhat crumbly. Add eggs, milk and lemon juice and stir until just combined. Fold in chopped ginger.
- Lightly flour working surface. Roll dough into ball and transfer. Pat into about a 10-in. round disc and press to flatten to about 1/2-in. thick.
- Using a floured knife, cut dough into 8 wedges and arrange 1-in. apart on cookie sheet.
- Bake 19-22 minutes, until scones are lightly browned on bottom. Remove from oven and allow to rest about 5 minutes before moving to wire rack. Allow to cool completely before glazing.
- To glaze, whisk lemon juice with powdered sugar until smooth. Drizzle over scones and let stand 15 minutes before serving.