Live Happy. Live Healthy. Live NOW. | Vitacost.com
NOW Foods Buttermilk Powder Description
From Our Family to Yours
Excellent Leavening Agent
Excellent Source of Protein and Calcium
Product of the USA
Low in Fat
Mixes Easily for Rich Creamy Taste
Always Real - Nothing Artificial
Product of USA.
Most professional bakers will tell you that buttermilk is a necessity for any kitchen. It's acidic and reacts with alkaline baking soda to create carbon dioxide bubbles, which gives baked goods that signature light and fluffy texture. NOW Real Food Buttermilk Powder is superior to the liquid form since it has a long shelf life and doesn't require refrigeration. Buttermilk is an excellent source of protein and calcium.
Because you are what you eat. NOW Real Food has been committed to providing delicious, healthy, and natural foods since 1968. We're independent, family owned, and proud of it. Keep it natural. Keep it real.
To make buttermilk pancakes, follow directions on any pancake mix and substitute reconstituted buttermilk liquid for milk in the recipe.
To reconstitute into buttermilk, blend 1/4 cup of powder into a 8 oz glass of water.
Gluten, GMOs and peanuts
*These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.
Serving Size: 1/4 Cup Dry (30 g)
Servings per Container: About 13
|Amount Per Serving||% Daily Value|
|Calories from Fat||15|
|Total Fat||2 g||3%|
| Saturated Fat||1.5 g||6%|
| Trans Fat||0 g|
|Total Carbohydrate||15 g||5%|
| Dietary Fiber||0 g||0%|
| Sugars||15 g|
Other Ingredients: Sweet cream buttermilk powder (milk).
The product you receive may contain additional details or differ from what is shown on this page, or the product may have additional information revealed by partially peeling back the label. We recommend you reference the complete information included with your product before consumption and do not rely solely on the details shown on this page. For more information, please see our full disclaimer
Coconut-Rum Caribbean Bundt Cake
Add an extra dose of spirit to any elebration with this Caribbean rum cake recipe. Inspired by traditional drinks of the region, the ponche and coquito, this bundt cake combines the festive flavors of the holidays with the tropical tastes of coconut milk, aromatic spices and rum. Plus, it’s made with antioxidant-rich avocado oil, shredded coconut and tangy apple cider vinegar. Cheers to that!
Coconut-Rum Caribbean Bundt Cake
- 2-1/2 cups organic unbleached all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp. Himalayan pink salt (fine)
- 2-1/2 tsp. baking powder
- 1/2 tsp. ground nutmeg
- 1/2 tsp. cinnamon powder
- 1/8 tsp. ground cloves
- 1/2 cup 100% pure avocado oil
- 2 eggs (room temperature)
- 1/2 cup unsweetened shredded coconut (plus extra for sprinkling)
- 3/4 cup coconut sugar
- 1 tsp. apple cider vinegar (organic raw & unfiltered)
- 2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup rum
- 1 can (13.5 oz. organic coconut milk)
- 1 Tbsp. buttermilk powder
OPTIONAL: Coconut-Rum Sauce
- 1/4 cup rum
- 1/2 cup coconut cream
- ¼ cup sweetened condensed coconut milk or sweet condensed milk
- Pinch of salt
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Spray bundt pan with avocado oil. (Optional: Sprinkle in shredded coconut.)
- In large bowl, add dry ingredients – flour, salt, baking powder, spices, buttermilk powder and shredded coconut – and whisk to distribute evenly.
- In separate large bowl, mix together avocado oil, eggs, coconut sugar, apple cider vinegar and vanilla. Mix in coconut milk and rum.
- Using whisk, combine wet and dry ingredients.
- Pour batter into pan and bake 40 minutes or until golden. (Note: Using toothpick, test cake for doneness by inserting in center. Cake is done when toothpick comes out clean.)
- Let cake cool. If adding coconut-rum sauce, poke holes throughout for cake to absorb sauce.
- In small saucepan on high heat, add condensed milk and coconut cream with salt.
- Boil sauce until thick consistency. For thicker consistency, add 1-2 tsp. tapioca, arrowroot or cornstarch.
- Set aside to cool.
- Add rum to cooled sauce and whisk for smoothness. Pour over cake.
Grab these ingredients and more at Vitacost.com.