Live Happy. Live Healthy. Live NOW. | Vitacost.com
NOW Foods Certified Organic Golden Flax Seed Meal Description
- Pure. Natural. Real.
- Natural Source Of Healthy Fatty Acids
- Good Source of Fiber
- Cold Pressed
- USDA Organic
- Same Great NOW® Taste.
- Brand New Look!
- Hearty, Nutritious and Wholesome
NOW Real Food™ Organic Golden Flax Seed Meal has a mild, nutty flavor similar to wheat germ, and it’s often added to cereals, pancakes, muffins, breads, meatloaf, meatballs, and even yogurt. Golden Flax is typically lighter in color and more flavorful than dark flax. Flax is a natural plant source of healthy fatty acids and a good source of fiber.
This product has been packed using NOW Real Food KeepFresh Technology™ to maximize freshness.
Because you are what you eat, NOW Real Food™ has been committed to providing delicious, healthy, natural and organic foods since 1968. We’re independent, family owned, and proud of it. Keep it natural. Keep it real.
Due to its fiber content, Flax should be consumed with plenty of water.
Gluten, GMOs and peanuts
*These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.
Serving Size: 2 1/2 Tbsp. (16 g)
Servings per Container: About 21
|Amount Per Serving||% Daily Value|
|Calories from Fat||60|
|Total Fat||7 g||11%|
| Saturated Fat||0.5 g||3%|
| Trans Fat||0 g|
|Total Carbohydrate||6 g||2%|
| Dietary Fiber||6 g||24%|
| Sugars||0 g|
Other Ingredients: Organic Golden Flax Seed Meal.
The product you receive may contain additional details or differ from what is shown on this page, or the product may have additional information revealed by partially peeling back the label. We recommend you reference the complete information included with your product before consumption and do not rely solely on the details shown on this page. For more information, please see our full disclaimer
Chocolate Coconut Cream Mini Pies
Have you had your fill of pies yet? Not a chance! However, certain kinds, like pumpkin and apple, might be a tad overdone. Here’s one you probably haven’t had in spades recently: chocolate coconut cream! Almonds, raisins and shredded coconut are pulsed together to make the crumbly crust, while coconut milk, cacao powder and dark chocolate combine in the cream-filled center. Plus, made in cupcake molds, these no-bake mini pies are the perfect serving size!
1 cup shredded coconut
1 cup almonds
3 Tbsp. water
3 Tbsp. raisins
1 Tbsp. flaxseed meal
1 can coconut milk, refrigerated overnight
3 Tbsp. coconut palm sugar, or maple syrup
3-4 Tbsp. cacao powder
½ tsp. vanilla bean powder
2.2 oz. Aloha Superfood Original Dark Chocolate Bar, melted
- In a food processor or high-speed blender, pulse almonds until almost smooth. Add coconut, raisins, water and flaxseed and pulse until well combined. If the mixture is not sticking together, add another tablespoon of water.
- Add about 1 heaping tablespoon of crust mixture into 12 silicone cupcake molds. Press down the with the back of a spoon to smooth out crust. Place molds in freezer while you prepare filling.
- Place a large mixing bowl and whisk in the freezer for about 10 minutes before starting.
- In the chilled bowl, slowly whip refrigerated coconut milk with a handheld mixer, gradually increasing the speed. Whip on high for about 30 minutes.
- Add melted chocolate, cacao powder, sugar and vanilla to bowl. Whisk on medium-high speed until fully combined, stopping to scrape down the sides of the bowl as needed.
- Remove cupcake molds from freezer. Use a 1-inch scoop to spoon filling onto crust. Use 2 scoops for each cupcake. Place mold back in freezer for at least 30 minutes to set.
- Serve frozen, sprinkled with chocolate and coconut.