NOW Foods Nutritional Yeast Flakes Description
Now® pleasant tasting Nutritional Yeast Flakes are produced from a specially selected strain of Saccharomyces cerevisiae. This yeast is grown on enriched purified can and beet molasses under carefully controlled conditions. This is a primary grown yeast and is therefore Not a brewery by-product as is brewer's yeast. This ensures freedom from Candida albicans yeast.
Suggested Usage: Take 2 level tablespoons daily mixed in milk, fruit or vegetable juice. It can also be used in vegetarian recipes or added to protein shakes to boost nutritional content.
Natural color variation may occur in this product.
*These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.
Serving Size: 2 Level Tbsp. (8 g)
Servings per Container: About 14
|Amount Per Serving||% Daily Value|
|Total Fat Less than||0.5 g||<1%|
| Saturated Fat||0 g||0%|
| Trans Fat||0 g|
|Total Carbohydrate||3 g||1%|
| Dietary Fiber||2 g||7%|
| Total Sugars||0 g|
| Includes 0g Added Sugars||0%|
|Vitamin D||0 mcg||0%|
|Vitamin B6||6 mg||350%|
|Folate (405 mcg folic acid)||676 mcg DFE||170%|
|Vitamin B12||14 mcg||580%|
Other Ingredients: Dried yeast, niacin, pyridoxine hydrochloride (B6), riboflavin, thiamin hydrochloride (thiamin), folic acid, cobalamin (B12).
Not manufactured with wheat, gluten, soy, milk, egg, fish, shellfish or tree nut ingredients.Produced in a GMP facility that processes other ingredients containing these allergens.
The product you receive may contain additional details or differ from what is shown on this page, or the product may have additional information revealed by partially peeling back the label. We recommend you reference the complete information included with your product before consumption and do not rely solely on the details shown on this page. For more information, please see our full disclaimer
Vegan Cheezy Sheet Pan Quesadillas
The concept of stuffed tortillas has been around since the days of the Aztec people. While theirs were filled with squash and pumpkin and baked in a clay oven, this recipe creates a vegan, bean-based “cheese” filling and employs the oh-so-handy sheet pan. White beans, pureed with olive oil, garlic and lemon juice lead to a perfectly creamy faux queso filling. Nutritional yeast adds the cheesy flavor we’ve become accustomed to in today’s quesadillas. Baked with jalapeño and scallions, topped with avocado and a squeeze of lime, this spicy, vegan meal is fit for the gods.
Vegan Cheezy Sheet Pan Quesadillas
White Bean Queso
- 1 15.5 oz. can white beans ((great northern or cannellini), drained and rinsed)
- 1 clove garlic
- 3 Tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
- 2 Tbsp. nutritional yeast
- 1 Tbsp. fresh lemon juice
- 1 tsp. salt
- ¼ tsp. smoked paprika
- ¼ tsp. chili powder
- ¼ tsp. ground turmeric
- 8 8-in. flour tortillas
- ½ cup jarred pickled jalapeños (drained and roughly chopped)
- 3 large scallions (thinly sliced (white and light green parts only; thinly slice dark green stalks and reserve for garnish))
- Olive oil cooking spray
Garnishes: diced avocado, scallion, salsa, lime wedges
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F. Lightly spray baking sheet with olive oil spray. Arrange four tortillas on baking sheet; slight overlap is OK.
- In food processor fitted with S blade, add beans, garlic, olive oil, nutritional yeast, lemon juice, salt, paprika, chili powder and turmeric. Process until smooth, stopping to scrape down sides as necessary.
- Spread queso mixture evenly over tortillas. Top each with jalapeños and scallions. Lay another tortilla over each. Spray lightly with olive oil spray and place another sheet pan on top to help crisp quesadillas. Bake for 18-20 minutes. Remove top baking sheet and bake additional 2-3 minutes, or until tops are golden and edges are crisp.
- Cut quesadillas into fours and top with avocado and scallion. Serve with lime wedges and salsa, if desired.
Add the ingredients you need to your cart.