Live Happy. Live Healthy. Live NOW. | Vitacost.com
NOW Foods Organic Pine Nuts Description
Many people are surprised to find that pine trees actually produce an edible nut that's not only tasty, but nutritious as well. In fact, pine nuts have been widely consumed since prehistoric times, and have enjoyed extensive culinary use in many different cultures. As with most nuts, pine nuts are a good source of protein, thiamin (vitamin B1) and magnesium.
Similar in size to sunflower seeds, NOW Real Food® Pine Nuts are an excellent snack, but they really shine when added to salads and other vegetable dishes, or as a hearty addition to home-baked bread. Once you try them we're sure you'll be "pining" for more!
Refrigeration recommended after opening.
*These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.
Serving Size: 1/4 Cup (30 g)
Servings per Container: About 8
|Amount Per Serving||% Daily Value|
|Calories from Fat||140|
|Total Fat||15 g||23%|
| Saturated Fat||2 g||10%|
| Trans Fat||0 g|
|Total Carbohydrate||4 g||1%|
| Dietary Fiber||1 g||4%|
| Sugars||0 g|
Other Ingredients: Organic pine nuts.
The product you receive may contain additional details or differ from what is shown on this page, or the product may have additional information revealed by partially peeling back the label. We recommend you reference the complete information included with your product before consumption and do not rely solely on the details shown on this page. For more information, please see our full disclaimer
View printable version
Creamy Avocado Pesto Pasta
The addition of ripe avocado lends a rich, creamy texture to this pesto, while roasted pine nuts impart a deep, toasty flavor. Toss it with a great organic chickpea spaghetti to make it gloriously gluten-free. Finish with a sprinkle of vegan cheese and crunchy pine nuts for a nice contrast to the velvety sauce. This pesto would also make a tasty avocado toast, sandwich spread or dip with fresh veggies.
Creamy Avocado Pesto Pasta
- 1 pkg. Explore Cuisine Chickpea Spaghetti
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil
- 2 tsp. garlic (minced)
- 2 Tbsp. pine nuts (plus more for garnish)
- 1 Tbsp. lemon juice
- 1/2 large ripe avocado
- 3 Tbsp. pasta water (plus more if necessary)
- 1/4 cup basil (packed, plus more for garnish)
- 1/2 cup spinach
- 1/4 tsp. Redmond Real Salt
- Black pepper (to taste)
- Vegan mozzarella cheese shreds (for garnish)
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Drain and rinse with cold water and set aside. (Note: Reserve 3 tablespoons of pasta water for later use.)
- In sauté pan on medium heat, heat olive oil; add garlic and pine nuts and cook until they start to pop and turn golden brown, about 2 minutes. Stir often to avoid burning.
- In blender or food processor, combine avocado, lemon juice, pasta water, spinach, basil, pine nuts/garlic mixture, salt and pepper and pulse until completely smooth. Add more water if needed.
- Garnish with vegan cheese, fresh basil and pine nuts.
Get the ingredients you’ll need!