Live Happy. Live Healthy. Live NOW. | Vitacost.com
NOW Foods Raw Almond Flour Description
- Gluten Free
- Non-GMO Project Verified
- Healthy Low-Carb Substitute for Flour
- Natural Source of Healthy Fatty Acids
- Your Recipe's Secret Ingredient
Almonds aren’t just a healthy snack food; they’re also an excellent addition to many other popular foods. Almonds can also be used to make a wholesome and delicious flour that can be substituted for white flour in almost any recipe.
NOW Real Food® Raw Almond Flour is 100% pure, unblanched, gluten-free, and low in carbs, making it a healthy, and tasty, alternative to bleached white flour. Almond Flour adds a rich texture and color to your favorite baked goods.
When substituting Almond Flour for other flours used in recipes, use roughly the same amount of Almond Flour, but reduce the amount of liquid slightly. As with most recipe substitutions, some experimentation may be necessary to obtain the best results.
Fresher ingredients simply taste better, which is why this product is packaged using NOW Fresh Fill Technology to maximize flavor and freshness.
Because you are what you eat, NOW Real Food™ has been committed to providing delicious, healthy, natural and organic foods since 1968. We're independent, family owned, and proud of it. Keep it natural. Keep it real.
Refrigeration Recommended after opening.
Gluten and GMOs
*These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.
Serving Size: 1/4 Cup (24 g)
Servings per Container: About 12
|Amount Per Serving||% Daily Value|
|Calories from Fat||110|
|Total Fat||12 g||18%|
| Saturated Fat||1 g||5%|
| Trans Fat||0 g|
|Total Carbohydrate||4 g||1%|
| Dietary Fiber||3 g||12%|
| Sugars||1 g|
Other Ingredients: Raw almond flour (Non-GMO)
The product you receive may contain additional details or differ from what is shown on this page, or the product may have additional information revealed by partially peeling back the label. We recommend you reference the complete information included with your product before consumption and do not rely solely on the details shown on this page. For more information, please see our full disclaimer
Keto Pear Crisp
Whether you’re a newbie or a pro following the keto diet
, it’s no easy feat wrangling your sweet tooth. Luckily, this baked pears recipe is a keto-friendly dessert that’ll satisfy the sweet tooth – keto or not! The warm, aromatic flavors of cardamom, cinnamon and ginger meld perfectly with a pear’s mellow sweetness. The crispy, buttery topping of coconut, cashews, almond flour and coconut sugar add an indulgent crunch. Serve warm with homemade coconut whipped cream
Keto Pear Crisp
- 3 large pears (cored and sliced)
- 3 Tbsp. chia seeds
- 2 Tbsp. coconut sugar
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp. cardamom
- 1/4 tsp. ground ginger
Coconut Almond Crisp Topping
- 3/4 cup almond flour
- 1/2 cup shredded coconut
- 1/4 cup coconut sugar
- 1/4 cup grass-fed butter (melted)
- 1/2 cup cashews (chopped)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F and coat 9-inch pie dish with nonstick spray.
- In medium bowl, combine pear filling ingredients, and stir gently until well combined.
- Pour pear filling ingredients into pie dish.
- To create topping, stir together coconut almond crisp ingredients until mixed well.
- Crumble topping over pear filling until evenly distributed.
- Bake 25-35 minutes or until topping is golden-brown.
- Serve with additional chopped cashews and homemade coconut whipped cream, if desired.
- Substitute coconut sugar with any keto-friendly granulated sweetener of choice.
- Substitute cashews with pecans, almonds or any salt-free nut of choice.
- Grab these ingredients and more at Vitacost.com.