Live Happy. Live Healthy. Live NOW. | Vitacost.com
NOW Solutions Chest Rub Relief Soothing & Warming Description
Made with Natural Oils
Condition: Need to breathe deeply in any environment and during seasonal changes.
Solution: NOW® Solutions Chest Rub Relief combines soothing natural oils with menthol aroma for breathing comfort and well-being.
Suggested Use: Apply a liberal amount to chest area as needed, or dab a small amount above upper lip, to help open up airways for easier breathing. Discontinue use if irritation occurs. Not recommended for children under the age of 12.
Animal testing and gluten.
*These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.
Ingredients: Helianthus annuus (sunflower) seed oil, beeswax, olea europaea (olive) fruit oil (extra virgin), cocos nucifera (coconut) oil, camphor, menthol, eucalyptus globulus leaf oil, cetearyl alcohol & cetearyl glucoside, thymus vulgaris (thyme) flower/leaf oil, abies sibirica (fir needle) oil, melaleuca alternifolia (tea tree) leaf oil, rosmarinus officinalis (rosemary) leaf extract, myristica fragrans (nutmeg) kernel oil.
For external use only. Use only as intended. Avoid contact with eyes. Do not use on entire face or on broken or damaged skin. Do not use in the mouth or in the nostrils. Do not heat in water, a vaporizer, a microwave oven or on the stove.
The product you receive may contain additional details or differ from what is shown on this page, or the product may have additional information revealed by partially peeling back the label. We recommend you reference the complete information included with your product before consumption and do not rely solely on the details shown on this page. For more information, please see our full disclaimer
All-Natural, Homemade Vapor Rub
Are your kids and coworkers sharing germs? Be the hero and share relief. This all-natural, homemade vapor rub is teeming with aromatic ingredients and raw moisturizers. It not only opens up your sinuses, but soothes dry, irritated skin. If you’re aching to feel better, spread this rich cream on your chest. But if you want to spread joy, make an extra jar to give to a friend.
Makes: 1 cup
1/2 cup of coconut oil
1/2 cup of raw cacao butter or shea butter
3-4 drops eucalyptus essential oil
1-2 drops peppermint essential oil
Kitchen tools you’ll need:
- To a small pot over low heat, add coconut oil and raw cacao butter (or shea butter). Heat until slightly melted, constantly stirring to keep from burning. Note: You can also use a double boiler to warm ingredients.
- Spoon melted mixture into a blender.
- Add essential oils and blend 15 to 20 seconds, or until thick and completely smooth. Note: If using a stand mixer, use the whip attachment to blend.
- Using a spatula, transfer mixture to a heavy-duty glass container, such as a Ball mason jar or other food storage container. Cover and store in a cool, dry place until ready to use. (Do not use a plastic container, as contents will be hot!)
- To apply, simply scoop out a dollop of cream and gently rub onto your chest. Take deep breaths and feel better soon!