Nutiva Organic Coconut Oil Description
Coconut is one of the world's most nourishing foods. This creamy taste of the tropics is grate for sautéing and baking, enhancing your favorite recipes, and body care.
Cold-pressed and unrefined. Savor the rich aroma and enticing light taste. A pinch of salt reduces the coconut flavor in savory recipes. Contains 62% medium chain triglycerides (MCTs) along with lauric and caprylic acids.
Made without pesticides, GMOs or hexane.
Ideal as medium heat cooking oil,(up to 350°F) and is "better than butter" on bread, vegetables or popcorn. A nutritious substitute in baking, and great for skin care, hair care and massage.
Vegan • Non-Hydrogenated • Non-GMO • 0g Trans Fat • No Hexane • 62% MCTs
GMOs, hexane, trans fat.
*These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.
Serving Size: 1 Tbsp. (15 mL)
Servings per Container: About 28
|Amount Per Serving||% Daily Value|
| Calories from Fat||130|
|Total Fat||14 g||22%|
| Saturated Fat||13 g||65%|
| Trans Fat||0 g|
| Polyunsaturated Fat less than||0.5 g||*|
| Monounsaturated Fat less than||1 g||*|
|Total Carbohydrate||0 mg||0%|
Not a significant source of dietary fiber, sugar, vitamin A and C, calcium and iron.
Other Ingredients: *Organic, unrefined, cold-pressed, virgin coconut oil.
*Fair Trade Certified™
Bottled in a facility that packs peanut oil.
No refrigeration required; solid at room temperature and melts at 76 degrees.
Note: any brown specks present are natural coconut fibers.
The product packaging you receive may contain additional details or may differ from what is shown on our website. We recommend that you reference the complete information included with your product before consumption and do not rely solely on the details shown on this page. For more information, please see our full disclaimer
Vegan Almond-Pistachio Cookies
Cut-out cookies are a lot of fun and can bring us back to childhood. But what about now that your eating preferences are more plant friendly? This recipe for vegan cut-out cookies uses flax “eggs” and vegan butter for a wholesome treat sure to please your more evolved palate. Made with almond flour and sprinkled with almonds and pistachios, they’re a grown-up dessert with a punch of protein. And with a hint of citrusy, sweet cardamom they’re perfect for dipping in tea.
Vegan Almond-Pistachio Cookies
- 1-¼ cups organic all-purpose flour
- 1 cup almond flour
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- ½ tsp. Redmond Real Salt
- ¾ tsp. ground cardamom
- ½ cup vegan butter (softened)
- 1 cup organic cane sugar
- 2 tsp. organic vanilla extract
- 1 tsp. almond extract
- Coconut oil (melted (for brushing))
- ¼ cup slivered almonds (chopped)
- ¼ cup pistachios (chopped)
- 2 tsp. flaxseed meal
- 5 tsp. water
- Optional: ¼ tsp. grated lemon zest
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Line baking sheets with parchment paper.
- To make flax “eggs,” in small bowl, combine flaxseed meal and water. Let rest for 5 minutes to thicken. Set aside.
- In medium bowl, whisk together flours, baking powder, salt and cardamom. Set aside.
- In large bowl, cream butter and sugar with electric mixer 3 minutes, or mix manually until light and fluffy.
- Beat in flax “eggs,” vanilla, almond extract and lemon zest, if using.
- Add flour mixture in two batches, beating on low speed until combined, or mixing manually until well combined.
- Shape dough into disk and wrap in plastic wrap or cover with kitchen towel. Chill 1 hour, or until firm.
- With rolling pin, roll out half of dough to 1/4-inch thickness on floured work surface.
- With 2-inch cookie cutter or shape cutters, cut out cookies and arrange about 1 inch apart on baking sheets. Repeat with remaining dough. Brush cookies with coconut oil, then sprinkle with sugar. Place 1 large pinch of chopped nuts in center of each cookie, and press lightly.
- Bake 8 to 10 minutes or until edges start to brown. Transfer to wire racks to cool.
Add the ingredients to your cart to order now!