Nutiva Organic Coconut Oil with Buttery Flavor Description
Popcorn • Spread • Bake • Sauté
All the goodness of coconut oil combined with the delicious organic buttery flavor. This all purpose cooking oil is perfect in any recipe. Drizzle on air-popped popcorn for a healthier, movie-theater style snack.
The vegan "buttery flavor" is made from pure non-GMO certified organic, fermented, gluten-free plants including sunflower, coconut and mint. Toss directly with veggies and pasta or use as a butter replacement when baking. Can be sautéed at low to medium eat.
Vegan • Non-Hydrogenated • Non-GMO
0 g Trans Fat • No Hexane • 62% MCTs
Storage: No refrigeration required; store out of direct sunlight. Coconut oil is naturally liquid at warmer temperatures and is semi-solid to solid at cooler temperatures.
*These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.
Serving Size: 1 Tbsp. (15 mL)
Servings per Container: About 28
|Amount Per Serving||% Daily Value|
|Calories from Fat||130|
|Total Fat||14 g||22%|
| Saturated Fat||13 g||65%|
| Trans Fat||0 g|
| Polyunsaturated Fat||0.5 g|
| Monounsaturated Fat||1 g|
|Total Carbohydrate||0 g||0%|
Not a significant source of dietary fiber, sugars, vitamin A, vitamin C, calcium or iron.
Other Ingredients: Organic refined expeller-pressed coconut oil, organic vegan buttery flavor, organic unrefined red palm oil (for color).
The product packaging you receive may contain additional details or may differ from what is shown on our website. We recommend that you reference the complete information included with your product before consumption and do not rely solely on the details shown on this page. For more information, please see our full disclaimer
Wild “Rice” Stuffed Peppers
A red bell pepper can add crunch and color to any recipe, but its sweet, distinctive zest can stand on its own, brightening your plate with vibrant color and flavor. These vegetarian stuffed peppers are a technicolor treat and a filling main course. Plus, they’re gluten, grain and dairy free! This version skips the rice in favor of chickpea risoni pasta, which mingles with mushrooms, garlic, onion and fresh parsley for a plant-based meal that is bursting with vegetable goodness.
Wild “Rice” Stuffed Peppers
- 1 10.6 oz. box Explore Cuisine Organic Chickpea Risoni
- 5 large red bell peppers
- Olive oil (to drizzle)
- 3 Tbsp. Nutiva Buttery Coconut Oil
- 1/2 cup mushrooms (diced)
- 2 tsp. garlic (minced)
- 1/2 brown onion (diced)
- 2 Tbsp. fresh parsley (diced)
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp. black pepper
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
- Cook chickpea risoni according to package directions, ensuring water is boiling before adding pasta. Drain and set aside.
- Cut tops off peppers and remove seeds. Arrange pepper bottoms and tops on baking tray, drizzle with olive oil and bake 15 minutes.
- In medium pot over medium heat, add buttery oil. Sauté mushrooms, onion, garlic, parsley, salt and pepper 3 minutes or until translucent.
- Stir in risoni until well combined.
- Remove peppers from oven and fill with rice mixture.
- Increase oven temperature to 450 degrees F and bake for another 15 minutes.
- Sprinkle with fresh parsley and replace pepper tops.
Grab these ingredients and more at Vitacost.com.