Pacific Foods Organic Vegetable Broth Low Sodium Description
- USDA Organic
Bursting with flavor
Nature's Bounty is captured in our rich, organic vegetable broth that's a perfect start to so many dishes. We've simmered savory leeks, onions and garlic, adding carrots and celery and vine-ripened tomatoes for garden fresh flavor.
Get Creative in the Kitchen
Ready to use in any recipe calling for broth stock or water. Shake well for full flavor
Refrigerate after opening, and use within 7-10 days.
Do not microwave container.
Gluten, animal products.
*These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.
Serving Size: 1 Cup (240 mL)
Servings per Container: About 4
|Amount Per Serving||% Daily Value|
|Total Fat||0 g||0%|
|Total Carbohydrate||3 g||1%|
| Total Sugars||2 g|
| Includes Less than 1g Added Sugars||1%|
Other Ingredients: Water, organic carrot juice concentrate, organic celery juice concentrate, organic dextrose, oganic garlic, organic leek juice concentrate, organic onion juice concentrate, organic tomato paste, sea salt, organic mushroom juice concentrate, organic spices, organic apple cider vinegar.
The product you receive may contain additional details or differ from what is shown on this page, or the product may have additional information revealed by partially peeling back the label. We recommend you reference the complete information included with your product before consumption and do not rely solely on the details shown on this page. For more information, please see our full disclaimer
Kale & Mushroom Savory Bread Pudding
Bread puddings aren’t just for dessert. Think outside the sweet. You could think of this savory version as the sophisticated sister of the bread pudding family – the one with gourmet taste. It starts off with sourdough bread that’s softened with a custard base, then mixes in sautéed garlic, kale, mushrooms and Gruyere cheese. When baked, the exterior crisps slightly to a golden-brown while the inside remains wonderfully soft. Serve it as an entrée for breakfast, lunch or dinner.
Kale & Mushroom Savory Bread Pudding
- 1 sourdough loaf (stale and cut into 1-inch cubes)
- 1-2 Tbsp. olive oil
- ½ red onion (sliced)
- 3 garlic cloves (minced)
- 8 oz. mushrooms (sliced)
- 1 tsp. fresh thyme (chopped)
- 1 tsp. fresh rosemary (chopped)
- 1 bunch kale (chopped - about 3 cups)
- 4 large eggs
- 1 cup milk
- 1 cup vegetable stock
- 1 cup Gruyere cheese
- Salt (to taste)
- Black pepper (to taste)
- Parmesan cheese (for garnish, optional)
- In large pan over medium heat, heat olive oil.
- Add onions and cook until soft, about 5 minutes.
- Add garlic and cook 1-2 minutes.
- Add mushrooms and cook until browned and softened. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Stir in rosemary and thyme and cook 1-2 minutes.
- Add kale and sauté until just wilted. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- In large bowl, combine sourdough cubes and kale/mushroom mixture and mix gently. Set aside to cool.
- In large bowl, beat eggs.
- Add milk and vegetable stock and beat until well combined. Season with salt and pepper as desired.
- Pour egg mixture into bowl with bread mixture and add gruyere cheese. Using spatula, toss together until bread is fully coated.
- Into greased ceramic baking dish, pour bread pudding.
- Cover and refrigerate at least 1 hour and up to overnight.
- When ready to bake, preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Remove dish from refrigerator and let sit out about 30 minutes.
- Remove foil and bake about 45 minutes.
- Serve warm. Top with freshly grated parmesan cheese before serving, if desired.
Get these ingredients and more from Vitacost.