When it comes to making dinner for your family, easy, hands-off recipes are key. Because, in today’s fast-paced world, you don’t have a ton of time to devote solely to cooking. Usually, while the stove’s on, you’re simultaneously folding laundry, washing dishes and helping with algebra homework. You'll need this no-fuss vegan lentil loaf recipe to get a healthy dinner on the table. Nutritious, quick-cooking lentil-based pasta cooks on the stove, then into the blender and finally to a loaf pan for baking, giving you plenty of time to run through the day's to-do list. When the food’s done, sit the family down for an uninterrupted, stress-free meal. That’s what makes each and every day count, after all.
1 box Explore Cuisine Red Lentil Penne Pasta
3 tsp. Bob’s Red Meal Flaxseed Meal
4 tsp. water
2 celery stalks, diced
1 large carrot, diced
1 tsp. Redmond Real Salt Onion Salt
2 tsp. Redmond Real Salt Garlic Salt
2 tsp. Simply Organic Rosemary
3 Tbsp. Rao’s Homemade Marinara Pasta Sauce
1/4 cup organic ketchup
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease rectangle cake pan with olive or coconut oil.
- Cook pasta according to package instructions. Drain.
- Meanwhile, prepare flax “egg.” In small bowl, combine flaxseed meal and water. Set aside to thicken.
- Once pasta is cooked, add drained noodles to food processor or blender. Process until it becomes a thick dough. Transfer to bowl.
- Add flax “egg” and remaining ingredients except for ketchup to bowl and mix with wooden spoon until well combined.
- Press mixture into cake pan and pour an even layer of ketchup over top.
- Bake 30 minutes. Remove, add another layer of ketchup and bake for 30 additional minutes or until golden brown.