What’s better than a slice of pizza? A bigger slice of pizza! This gluten-free deep dish pizza recipe is made up of a thick, soft crust with delicious sauce, cheeses and sausage for a pizza worthy of the term “pie”. You’re going to need a knife and fork for this one.
1-1/2 cups Bob’s Red Mill 1-to-1 Baking Flour
3 Tbsp. Bob’s Red Mill Pea Protein Powder
3 Tbsp. Bob’s Red Mill Corn Starch
2 Tbsp. Bob’s Red Mill Cornmeal
1 Tbsp. rapid rise yeast
2 tsp. Bob’s Red Mill Baking Powder
2 Tbsp. apple cider vinegar
1 Tbsp. olive oil
1 Tbsp. honey
1/4 tsp. salt
1 egg or 1 Tbsp. Bob’s Red Mill Gluten-Free Egg Replacer (prepared according to package directions)
3/4 cup water, at 100 degrees F
2 cups marinara sauce
1 lb. mild Italian sausage, browned
6 slices Mozzarella cheese
6 slices Provolone cheese
1/4 cup Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese, freshly grated
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees F. In a 10-inch cast iron skillet, grease sides and bottom and coat bottom with cornmeal.
- In stand mixer bowl, combine dry ingredients. Add in wet ingredients. With dough hook, paddle attachment or by hand, beat dough for 5 minutes. Let dough rest for 15 minutes.
- Press dough into pan, spreading it up the sides. (You will need to wet your hands a few times to do this.) Bake for 5 minutes.
- Remove from oven and layer with sauce, sausage and then cheese.
- Bake for an additional 25-30 minutes. When done, sides of crust will be golden brown.