Schar Artisan Baker White Bread Description
Gluten Free Artisan Baker White Bread
For decades, Schar has been known for providing certified safe and delicious gluten-free foods made using high quality, non-GMO ingredients and absolutely no preservatives.
So whether you're diving into a sandwich, snacking on a cookie or indulging in one of our authentic Italian pizzas you can always enjoy eating carefree with Schar.
Storage Instructions: Unopened product can be stored at room temperature until the "best before" date. Once opened, refrigerate in an airtight bag or container and use within 2-3 days.
GMO, Gluten, preservative, egg, dairy, wheat.
*These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.
Serving Size: 2 Slices (62 g)
Servings per Container: About 6
|Amount Per Serving||% Daily Value|
|Total Fat||2 g||3%|
| Saturated Fat||0 g||0%|
| Trans Fat||0 g|
|Total Carbohydrate||32 g||12%|
| Dietary Fiber||5 g||18%|
| Total Sugars||4 g|
| Includes 4g Of Added Sugars||0||8%|
|Vitamin D||0 mcg||0%|
Other Ingredients: Water, sourdough (rice, flour, water), rice starch, corn starch, agave syrup, psyllium seed husk (vegetable, fiber), sunflower oil, modified cellulose, soy protein, yeast, millet flour, citrus fiber, rice flour, sugar, quinoa flour, salt, guar gum, corn flour, honey, calcium citrate, niacin, iron, thiamine, riboflavin.
May contain: Sesame.
The product you receive may contain additional details or differ from what is shown on this page, or the product may have additional information revealed by partially peeling back the label. We recommend you reference the complete information included with your product before consumption and do not rely solely on the details shown on this page. For more information, please see our full disclaimer
View printable version
Cardamom Bread Pudding
Pondering over what to make for dessert for your holiday feast? This Indian-inspired bread pudding is a great contender. Ready in less than 30 minutes, it consists of bread slices soaked in a rich saffron-cardamom milk sauce. Enjoy it for a post-dinner treat, or savor it for the following morning for brunch.
Cardamom Bread Pudding
- 7-8 saffron strands
- 2 Tbsp. warm water
- 8 slices white bread
- 6 Tbsp. ghee (or butter)
- 14 oz. sweetened condensed milk ((1 can))
- 2 cups whole milk
- 1/2 tsp. cardamom powder
- 1/2 cup almonds (finely chopped)
- 1/4 cup pistachios (finely chopped)
- Soak saffron in warm water. Set aside.
- Cut bread slices in half diagonally. (Note: You can trim the edges too if you like.)
- Heat pan over medium heat. Fry the bread slices (in batches using 1.5 tablespoons ghee at a time). Cook until the slices are golden brown on both sides. Set aside.
- Once the pan has cooled down, arrange the bread slices (overlapping) to completely cover the pan.
- In large bowl, combine whole milk, condensed milk, cardamom powder and soaked saffron with the water.
Pour milk mixture over the bread slices until completely soaked. Set pan over medium-low heat. Cook between 8 to 10 minutes or until most of the milk is absorbed.*
- Garnish bread pudding with chopped nuts. Serve warm with a dollop of vanilla ice cream.
- This pudding tastes best with white bread. You can use challah bread as well.
- Instead of slicing the bread, you can cube the bread slices.
- *Do not let the milk mixture evaporate completely while cooking. You’ll need a little bit of sauce to remain to keep the bread pudding moist.
- Stores well in refrigerator up to 3 days.
- Order the ingredients you need to make this recipe at Vitacost.com!