Shiloh Farms Organic Bing Cherries Description
Pitted Organic, Sun-Dried Bing Cherries
Great for a Quick, Healthy Snack
Can be Rehydrated for Pie Filling or Fruit Compotes
USDA Certified Organic
Non-GMO & Kosher
Sun-dried to a beautiful deep red-violet color, Shiloh Farms Bing Cherries are now an organic, chewy and delicious treat! Their earthy, naturally sweet flavor makes these cherries a welcome addition to both sweet and savory dishes. Especially high in fiber and Vitamin A, Bing Cherries are also a great source of iron, potassium, and a wide variety of other vitamins and minerals.
Shiloh Farms Bing Cherries have been pitted and have no sugar or oil added. Warm temperatures and light may turn them darker over time.
GMOs and added sugar.
*These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.
Serving Size: 1/3 Cup Dry (40 g)
Servings per Container: About 4
|Amount Per Serving||% Daily Value|
|Total Fat||0 g||0%|
| Saturated Fat||0 g||0%|
| Trans Fat||0 g|
|Total Carbohydrate||30 g||11%|
| Dietary Fiber||2 g||7%|
| Total Sugars||19 g|
| Includes 0g Added Sugars||0%|
|Vitamin D||0 mcg||0%|
Other Ingredients: Organic unsulphured sun-dried pitted bing cherries.
The product you receive may contain additional details or differ from what is shown on this page, or the product may have additional information revealed by partially peeling back the label. We recommend you reference the complete information included with your product before consumption and do not rely solely on the details shown on this page. For more information, please see our full disclaimer
Cherry Almond Biscotti
In Italian, “biscotti” means twice-cooked and these cookies are delightfully crunchy from two trips to the oven. Biscotti are a great sweet indulgence as they’re lighter than most cookies and lower in fat and sugar. This vegan recipe runs with that trait by going dairy free and incorporating pure maple syrup and extra-virgin coconut oil instead of refined oil and sugars. The spelt and almond flours add protein and a nutty, rich and buttery flavor. You’ve got to bake these easy treats – twice!
Cherry Almond Biscotti
- 1 cup almond flour
- ¾ cup spelt flour
- ¼ tsp. salt
- ¼ tsp. baking powder
- 1/3 cup dried cherries (coarsely chopped)
- ¼ cup pure maple syrup
- 3 Tbsp. extra-virgin coconut oil (melted)
- ½ tsp. vanilla extract
- ¼ tsp. almond extract
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In large mixing bowl, whisk together almond flour, spelt flour, salt, baking powder and dried cherries.
- In separate, smaller bowl, whisk together maple syrup, coconut oil, vanilla extract and almond extract.
- Add wet ingredients to dry ingredients and stir until just combined. (Note: You may need to gently knead dough by hand in order to achieve desired doughy texture.)
- Divide dough into two equal parts on baking sheet. Shape each part into rounded rectangle resembling a flattened log, approximately 2x4-in. long and 1-in. high. Bake for 15-17 minutes.
- Remove from oven and let cool for 20-30 minutes. Lower oven temperature to 325 degrees F.
- Using sharp serrated knife, cut each log crosswise into ½-in. slices. Lay slices flat on baking sheet and return to oven. Bake additional 7-8 minutes, or until lightly golden. Let cool completely.
Order the great ingredients you need from Vitacost.com!