Shiloh Farms Organic Garbanzo Beans Description
- USDA Organic
Shiloh Farms looks to the fullness of nature's bounty for products made with only the purest ingredients. never fake, never artificial - only authentic, wholesome flavor, the way nature intended!
Garbanzo beans, or chickpeas, have a creamy, golden flesh & an assertive, earthy flavor. These delicious beans are a popular & versatile source of high-quality plant protein & fiber.
Sort & rinse. Cover with water & soak overnight. Drain. Bring 2 cups water & 1 cup beans to boil, reduce & simmer 1-2 hours, or until tender. Drain & serve.
Mix with herbs & fluffy grains for a quick side
Season & roast dried beans for a crunchy snack.
Blend with oil & spices for homemade hummus.
*These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.
Serving Size: 1/4 Cup (50 g)
Servings per Container: About 8
|Amount Per Serving||% Daily Value|
|Total Fat||3 g||5%|
| Saturated Fat||0 g||1%|
| Trans Fat||0 g|
|Total Carbohydrate||30 g||10%|
| Dietary Fiber||6 g||21%|
| Total Sugars||5 g|
| Includes 0g added sugars||0||0%|
|Vitamin D||0 mcg||0%|
Other Ingredients: Organic garbanzo beans.
This product was packaged using equipment that also handles wheat, soy, and tree nuts.
The product you receive may contain additional details or differ from what is shown on this page, or the product may have additional information revealed by partially peeling back the label. We recommend you reference the complete information included with your product before consumption and do not rely solely on the details shown on this page. For more information, please see our full disclaimer
View printable version
Warming Chickpea Chili
Loaded with veggie goodness, this flavorful chili warms, comforts and truly nourishes. It comes together in one pot (oh! The aroma!) with chickpeas, bell peppers, zucchini and tomatoes, and is easily customizable with your favorite vegetables and spices. Try it with Argentinian aji molido, a subtly spicy ground red chile with hints of smoke. Make it your own, play, have fun and bring everyone to the table to eat heartily!
Warming Chickpea Chili
- 2-3 Tbsp. avocado oil
- 2 medium white onions (chopped)
- 4 garlic cloves (minced)
- ½ cup red bell pepper (chopped)
- ½ cup green bell pepper (chopped)
- 1 small zucchini (chopped)
- 3 cans (45 oz.) chickpeas (rinsed, or 1 lb. dry chickpeas, cooked)
- 3 cups canned peeled whole tomatoes (with juices)
- 2-3 cups vegetable stock (or water)
- ½ cup frozen green peas
- 1 tsp. cumin
- 2 tsp. paprika
- Pinch oregano
- 1 tsp. chili powder (or Argentinian aji molido)
- Salt (to taste)
- Black pepper (to taste)
- 4 whole scallions (sliced thin, for garnish)
- In large pot, sauté onion, garlic and bell peppers in oil 2-3 minutes; add cumin, paprika, oregano and chili powder and mix well. Cook 3-4 minutes.
- Add tomatoes, chickpeas, zucchini, vegetable stock/water and season with salt and pepper. Bring to simmer.
- Add peas, lower heat and cover partially. Allow to simmer 30-40 minutes.
- Taste and adjust seasonings.
- Serve with sprinkle of scallions.
Get the ingredients you need to make this ultimate comfort food!