Shiloh Farms Organic Sour Red Cherries Description
Deeply red, delightfully chewy, & bracingly tart-sweer, sour red cherries are a feast for the eyes as well as the tastebuds! Rich in antioxidants, they are especially high in Vitamins A.
To Rehydrate: Cover 1 part fruit with 2 parts water or juice. Refrigerate 2-3 hours, or until fruit has absorbed liquid & is plump to the touch. Drain.
*These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.
Serving Size: 1/3 Cup (40 g)
Servings per Container: About 4
|Amount Per Serving||% Daily Value|
| Calories from Fat||4|
|Total Fat||0 g||0%|
| Saturated Fat||0 g||0%|
| Trans Fat||0 g||*|
|Total Carbohydrate||34 g||11%|
| Dietary Fiber||2 g||8%|
| Sugars||27 g||*|
Other Ingredients: Organic unsulphured pitted sour red cherries, organic cane sugar, organic sunflower oil.
*Some pit pieces may remain in fruit. This product was packaged in a facility that also handles wheat, soy & tree nuts.
The product you receive may contain additional details or differ from what is shown on this page, or the product may have additional information revealed by partially peeling back the label. We recommend you reference the complete information included with your product before consumption and do not rely solely on the details shown on this page. For more information, please see our full disclaimer
Cherry Almond Biscotti
In Italian, “biscotti” means twice-cooked and these cookies are delightfully crunchy from two trips to the oven. Biscotti are a great sweet indulgence as they’re lighter than most cookies and lower in fat and sugar. This vegan recipe runs with that trait by going dairy free and incorporating pure maple syrup and extra-virgin coconut oil instead of refined oil and sugars. The spelt and almond flours add protein and a nutty, rich and buttery flavor. You’ve got to bake these easy treats – twice!
Cherry Almond Biscotti
- 1 cup almond flour
- ¾ cup spelt flour
- ¼ tsp. salt
- ¼ tsp. baking powder
- 1/3 cup dried cherries (coarsely chopped)
- ¼ cup pure maple syrup
- 3 Tbsp. extra-virgin coconut oil (melted)
- ½ tsp. vanilla extract
- ¼ tsp. almond extract
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In large mixing bowl, whisk together almond flour, spelt flour, salt, baking powder and dried cherries.
- In separate, smaller bowl, whisk together maple syrup, coconut oil, vanilla extract and almond extract.
- Add wet ingredients to dry ingredients and stir until just combined. (Note: You may need to gently knead dough by hand in order to achieve desired doughy texture.)
- Divide dough into two equal parts on baking sheet. Shape each part into rounded rectangle resembling a flattened log, approximately 2x4-in. long and 1-in. high. Bake for 15-17 minutes.
- Remove from oven and let cool for 20-30 minutes. Lower oven temperature to 325 degrees F.
- Using sharp serrated knife, cut each log crosswise into ½-in. slices. Lay slices flat on baking sheet and return to oven. Bake additional 7-8 minutes, or until lightly golden. Let cool completely.
Order the great ingredients you need from Vitacost.com!