Simple Truth Organic Garbanzo Beans Description
Certified organic by Quality Assurance International
Simple Truth Organic products are formulated without genetically modified organisms (GMOs). The USDA's national organic program does not permit the use of ingredients made with GMOs in certified organic products.
Microwave: Empty contents into microwave safe dish. Cover dish and microwave on high for 2-3 minutes. Let stand for 1 minute. Stir and serve.
Stovetop: Empty contents into saucepan and heat on medium high to a simmer. Remove away from heat, stir and serve.
Refrigerate any unused portion in a separate container.
Best if used by date on can end.
Artificial flavors, Preservatives, GMOs, BPA.
*These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.
Serving Size: 1/2 Cup (130 g)
Servings per Container: About 3.5
|Amount Per Serving||% Daily Value|
| Fat Calories||20|
|Total Fat||2 g||3%|
| Saturated Fat||0 g||0%|
| Trans Fat||0 g|
|Total Carbohydrate||20 g||7%|
| Dietary Fiber||6 g||24%|
| Sugars||3 g|
Other Ingredients: Water, organic garbanzo beans, sea salt.
The product you receive may contain additional details or differ from what is shown on this page, or the product may have additional information revealed by partially peeling back the label. We recommend you reference the complete information included with your product before consumption and do not rely solely on the details shown on this page. For more information, please see our full disclaimer
Roasted Beet Hummus
Tell the truth: how often do you eat beets? You might occasionally order them on a salad, but the root vegetables are probably not regulars in your weekly menu. Since they’re loaded with potassium, fiber, vitamins, protein and even iron, you’ll want to start adding them to your plate as often as you can. Not sure how? Roast them, then toss them in a food processor with chickpeas and tahini, to get a nutritious, delicious and beautifully-colored beet hummus.
Roasted Beet Hummus
- 1½ cups beets, (peeled and sliced)
- 1 can 15 oz. cooked garbanzo beans, ( drained and rinsed)
- 3/4 cup tahini
- 3 cloves garlic
- Zest of 2 lemons
- Juice of 2½ lemons
- 1-1/2 tsp. ground cumin
- 1-1/2 tsp. salt
- 2/3 cup extra virgin olive oil
- Fresh parsley, (chopped, optional)
- Sunflower seeds, (optional)
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees F. Line sheet pan with foil and coat with non-stick spray.
- Layer sliced beets on sheet pan, drizzle with olive oil and roast for 12 minutes. Remove and let cool.
- In food processor, combine cooled beets, beans, tahini garlic, lemon zest, lemon juice, cumin and salt. Blend until smooth, stopping to scrape the sides as necessary.
- While processor runs, slowly stream in olive oil and blend until completely smooth.
- Spoon into serving dish. Top with a drizzle of oil, salt, parsley and sunflower seeds.
- One serving is ¼ cup hummus.
- Use pre-cooked beets and skip the first step.
- Need all of these ingredients? Click below to add all to cart.