Simple Truth Organic Unsweetened Applesauce Description
No Sugar Added
No Artificial Flavors
No Artificial Colors
Compare Apples to Applesauce!
Made from organic apple puree, our unsweetened applesauce is prepared without added sugar or artificial flavors, colors or preservatives. There is nothing but orchard-fresh taste in every jar.
Refrigerate after opening.
Artificial flavors or colors, GMO's, added sugar, preservatives.
*These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.
Serving Size: 1/2 Cup (123 g)
Servings per Container: About 5
|Amount Per Serving||% Daily Value|
|Total Fat||0 g||0%|
|Total Carbohydrate||15 g||6%|
| Dietary Fiber||2 g||4%|
| Total Sugars||12 g|
| Includes Added Sugars||0 g||0%|
Not a significant source of saturated fat, trans fat, cholesterol, vitamin A, vitamin C, calcium or iron.
Other Ingredients: Organic apples, water, ascorbic acid (to maintain color).
The product you receive may contain additional details or differ from what is shown on this page, or the product may have additional information revealed by partially peeling back the label. We recommend you reference the complete information included with your product before consumption and do not rely solely on the details shown on this page. For more information, please see our full disclaimer
View printable version
Vegan Lemon Olive Oil Cake
If you haven’t tried vegan baking, you’re missing the sweeter side of wellness, sustainable food choices and animal welfare. Instead of eggs and cream, this lemon olive oil cake recipe opts for plant ingredients such as mashed banana and applesauce for just the right flavor and texture – and it’s absolutely delicious! Freshly squeezed Meyer lemon juice and lemon zest add pucker and flavor to the richness of olive oil. Serve it with banana nice cream and a generous sprinkle of powdered sugar.
Vegan Lemon Olive Oil Cake
- 1-3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 2 tsp. baking powder
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1/2 cup applesauce
- 1 large ripe banana (mashed completely)
- 1/2 cup fresh-squeezed Meyer lemon juice
- 3 tsp. lemon zest
- 2 tsp. vanilla extract
- Powdered sugar for dusting
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F and grease a 9-inch cake pan.
- In medium bowl, combine flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt until fully incorporated.
- In large bowl, use a hand mixer on high to combine sugar, olive oil and applesauce. Add mashed banana and continue mixing.
- Using a spoon instead of a hand mixer, gently mix in lemon juice, lemon zest and vanilla extract until just combined.
- Slowly add flour mixture into wet mixture and stir with spoon until just combined. Don’t overmix.
- Scoop batter into prepared cake pan and tap on your counter to remove air pockets.
- Bake 35 minutes or until golden and a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Allow to cool completely in the pan before gently removing.
- When plating, dust generously with powdered sugar. Decorate with thin slices of lemon and a sprig of rosemary.
Get your vegan baking ingredients at Vitacost.com.