Sheet Pan Peach Pie (Gluten-Free)
- 8-10 medium or large peaches (peeled and sliced into ¼-in. thick slices)
- Juice of 1 lemon
- ½ cup light brown sugar
- 1 tsp. Redmond Real Salt Ancient Fine Sea Salt
- 1 Tbsp. + 2 Tsp. cornstarch (or arrowroot starch)
- 1 cup water
- 2 tsp. Simply Organic Madagascar Vanilla
Optional: 1 tsp. Organic Valley Ghee
- 2-½ cups King Arthur Baking Company Gluten-Free Flour
- 1 Tbsp. light brown sugar
- 1 Tbsp. Bragg Organic Apple Cider Vinegar
- 1 tsp. sea salt
- 1 tsp. Simply Organic Cinnamon Powder
- 1 tsp. Private Selection Nutmeg Ground
- 2 sticks cold butter (grated or cubed)
- 12 Tbsp. ice-cold water
Optional: Egg wash or ghee (for brushing crust)
Notes: Unbleached all-purpose flour may be used instead of gluten-free flour; however, recipe will not be gluten-free. Golden monkfruit sweetener may be used instead of light brown sugar.
- In bowl, toss peach wedges with lemon juice and set aside.
- In large saucepan over medium heat, whisk together sugar, water, cornstarch, salt and vanilla. Bring to boil, whisking, 2-3 minutes until thickens. Add peaches and simmer until tender, about 5-7 minutes. If desired, stir in ghee for flavor. Set aside to cool.
- In bowl, combine flour, sugar, salt, cinnamon, nutmeg, butter, vinegar and water. Mix by hand until dough forms pea-sized pieces. (Note: Do not over mix. Use food processor instead of hand mixing, if desired.)
- Divide dough into two equal parts; shape into balls. Wrap each ball with plastic wrap and chill 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F. Grease 8x11-inch sheet pan.
- On flat surface covered with plastic wrap, place one ball of dough. Cover with second sheet of wrap and roll to ?-inch thickness. (Note: plastic wrap helps avoid crumbling.) Place dough carefully in sheet pan, pierce with fork. Pre-bake 20 minutes, or until golden, to prevent sogginess. Let cool. Spoon in filling.
- Lower oven temperature to 375 degrees F.
- Roll out second dough ball to ?-inch thickness and lay over top. (For decorative crust, cut out lines or circles.) If desired, brush with egg wash or ghee.
- Bake pie 45 minutes to one hour, until golden brown.