Shrimp Zoodle Bowl With Pomodoro Sauce
- 1 lb. shrimp (peeled and deveined)
- 3 Tbsp. extra virgin olive oil (divided)
- ½ tsp. garlic powder
- ½ tsp. Italian herb seasoning
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp. pepper (freshly ground)
- 1 small onion (minced)
- 1 sweet pepper (small dice)
- 3 ears corn (kernels removed from cobs)
- 2 medium-sized zucchini (or yellow summer squash, spiralized)
- 2 cups vine-ripened tomatoes such as plum tomato or slicing tomato (seeded and chopped)
- 2 Tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
- Handful fresh basil leaves (roughly chopped)
- 2 cloves garlic (pressed or finely minced)
- Pepper (freshly ground, to taste)
- In bowl, stir together tomatoes, olive oil, basil, garlic stir and season with salt and fresh ground pepper.
Shrimp & zoodles
- In large bowl, stir together shrimp, 1 tablespoon olive oil, garlic powder, Italian herb seasoning, salt and pepper.
- Heat large sauté pan over medium heat. Add shrimp and cook until pink on both sides. Remove and set aside in clean bowl. (Note: Do not overcrowd pan; Cook shrimp in batches if needed.)
- Turn heat down to medium under sauté pan and add 2 Tablespoons olive oil, onions, and red pepper; sauté 3 minutes.
- Stir in corn and continue cooking 2 more minutes.
- To pan, add zoodles one handful at a time, tossing and stirring into vegetable mixture until well combined. (Note: Do not overcook zoodles; they should be al dente.)
- Stir in shrimp mixture.
- Add one cup pomodoro sauce and toss to combine.
- Serve family-style or in individual bowls with extra pomodoro on the side.
- Add heat to shrimp sauté with pinch of crushed red pepper, if desired.
- Top with shaved or grated parmesan, if desired.
- Use any extra pomodoro sauce on toasted baguettes, grilled vegetables or baked fish.