Simply Organic Mild Taco Seasoning Mix Description
3 Steps / 5 Minutes Prep Time / 4 Servings
1% of sales support organic farming & education.
You Will Need
• 1 lb lean ground beef
Mix contents of spice packet with 1/2 cup hot water and stir until dissolved.
Brown ground beef in skillet. Drain and return to stovetop.
Stir in spice mixture and heat until simmering. Allow to simmer until desired thickness is reached.
To create a Mexican pizza, make or buy a simple cheese pizza. After baking, top pizza with taco meat, Mexican cheese, onion, tomato, lettuce and sour cream. Enjoy!
*These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.
Serving Size: 1 Tbsp. (7 g)
Servings per Container: 4
|Amount Per Serving||% Daily Value|
|Calories from Fat||5|
|Total Fat||0.5 g||1%|
| Saturated Fat||0 g||0%|
| Trans Fat||0 g|
|Total Carbohydrate||4 g||1%|
| Dietary Fiber||1 g||4%|
| Sugars||1 g|
Other Ingredients: Organic chili pepper, organic paprika, organic onion, sea salt, organic garlic, organic lemon peel, organic cumin, organic potato starch, organic coriander, organic tomato powder (organic tomato concentrate, organic guar gum), organic cilantro, organic cane sugar, organic rice concentrate, organic cayenne.
The product packaging you receive may contain additional details or may differ from what is shown on our website. We recommend that you reference the complete information included with your product before consumption and do not rely solely on the details shown on this page. For more information, please see our full disclaimer
Deep Dish Baked Polenta Pizza
You’ve made pizza from traditional dough, from gluten-free dough and from whole-wheat flour. You’ve even made a personal-sized pie with an English muffin and tortilla wrap when you were in a hurry or had to feed little mouths. But you’ve never made pizza like this before. Baked polenta, or cornmeal, creates a crispy golden crust that’s naturally gluten-free with a rich, buttery flavor. Using the timeless Italian staple, you’ll create a deep-dish dinner that raises the bar…and the toppings!
Polenta Pizza Crust
1 cup tomato-garlic polenta
3-1/2 cups water
1/2 cup shredded Parmesan
1 Tbsp. Vitacost Extra Virgin Olive Oil
1 yellow onion, diced
1 Tbsp. chopped garlic
Dash of Vitacost Organic Cayenne Pepper
1 lb. low-fat ground beef (can use turkey or chicken)
1 packet mild taco seasoning
1 cup pizza sauce (or to your liking)
1 can (4 oz) sliced crimini mushrooms
1 green bell pepper, sliced
1 purple onion, sliced into rings
Fresh mozzarella cheese
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F and coat a 9-inch spring form pan with non-stick cooking spray.
- In a medium bowl, add polenta and Parmesan. Stir to combine.
- Add polenta to bottom of spring form pan, using hands to gently pat down. Add polenta to sides, as well, going up about 1 inch. Bake 15 minutes, or until crisp and golden.
- While polenta is baking, prepare toppings: In a skillet over medium heat, add olive oil, diced onion, garlic and cayenne. Cook until golden brown.
- Add meat and heat until cooked through.
- Drain off any oil from meat. Sprinkle with taco seasoning to taste.
- Spread a layer of pizza sauce over polenta crust. Add meat and remaining toppings, as desired, ending with mozzarella on top.
- Bake another 30 minutes, or until cheese begins to brown and bubble.