Spicely Organic Chili Chipotle Ground Description
Spicely® Organic Spices
Spicely's Organic Chili Chipotle Powder spice is made up of beautifully smoke-dried jalapeños that have been ground into a fine powder. Chili chipotle is generally used in Mexican, Tex-Mex, and Southern US cooking and packs as much heat as a fresh jalapeño would, with the added smoky flavor from the drying process.
Chili chipotles are packed full of vitamins and minerals, including capsaicin, iron, magnesium, vitamins A, B6, C, and K.
Chili chipotles also show promise in keeping hearts healthy and are believed to help the body dissolve fibrin, a clotting agent, to help prevent heart attack and stroke.
The active component capsaicin has been credited for widening and relaxing blood vessels, improving the blood flow as well as helping to manage insulin spikes in diabetes.
It has also been shown to aid in weight loss by promoting the body to use fat as energy instead of storing it.
Benefits of Chili Chipotle
Our ground chili chipotle does not have the thick and tough flesh problem of whole peppers which compromise the moisture and textural content of the dish.
Being ground makes it possible for the pepper to be used in a wider variety of dishes.
Chili Chipotle History
What is chili chipotle pepper? Most chili chipotles are produced in Chihuahua, a northern Mexican state where they go by the name morita.
The Aztecs used to smoke-dry jalapeños to preserve them, along with many other types of foods, so that they could be stored without spoiling.
Smoke-drying prevented the jalapeños from rotting before they had a chance to dry in the sun and also added flavor to the peppers.
Using Organic Chili Chipotle Ground at Home
Our chili chipotle powder gives wonderful smoky heat to dishes. It is fantastic in salsas, chili con carne, BBQ, and hot sauces, and adds flavor to bean and lentil dishes. The ground powder is perfect to add spice to taco meat, queso, and soups
*These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.
Ingredients: Organic ground chili chipolte.
The product packaging you receive may contain additional details or may differ from what is shown on our website. We recommend that you reference the complete information included with your product before consumption and do not rely solely on the details shown on this page. For more information, please see our full disclaimer
Mexican Street Corn Salad (Esquites)
Get all of the mouthwatering flavor of Mexican street corn
– known as elote
in Spanish – in an easy-to-eat salad. This exquisite esquites
recipe is practically effortless, using frozen corn kernels and requiring no grilling. You still get that smoky, sweet and spicy flavor and fun without any of the mess. It makes for a zesty side or an exceptional dip scooped up (greedily!) with tortilla chips
. There won’t be a kernel left!
Mexican Street Corn Salad (Esquites)
- 4 cups frozen corn kernels
- 1 large jalapeño (finely diced)
- ½ small red onion (finely diced)
- 3 Tbsp. fresh cilantro (chopped)
- ½ tsp. garlic powder
- ½ tsp. chipotle chili powder
- ½ tsp. smoked paprika
- ½ tsp. cumin
- 1 cup crumbled Cotija cheese
- ½ cup Mexican crema
- Juice of 1 large lime
- Salt (to taste)
- Pepper (to taste)
NOTE: Parmesan cheese can be used in place of Cotija cheese. Equal parts mayo and sour cream (or Greek yogurt) can be subbed for Mexican crema.
- Heat large cast iron skillet over medium-high heat.
- When pan is very hot (but not smoking), add frozen corn kernels in even layer. (You may need to do this in two batches.)
- Heat corn until char develops on outside, around 10 minutes. (Note: Do not over stir as it will prevent charring.)
- Transfer corn to large mixing bowl to cool.
- When cool, add jalapeno, onion, cilantro, garlic powder, chili powder, paprika and cumin. Gently mix together. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Add Cotija cheese and mix. Stir in Mexican crema and lime juice. Add additional salt and pepper, if needed.
- Serve immediately or cover and chill until ready to serve.
Add the ingredients to your cart to make this great dish!