Spicely Organics Cloves Whole Jar Description
Crafted in Small Batches
Gluten Free Certified
Non-GMO Project Verified
Used in both sweet and savory dishes, cloves have a powerful flavor that pairs well with cinnamon and cumin.
To spice up your next broth, add 1 teaspoon whole clove to 4 cups liquid.
Gluten, GMOs, salt, MSG, preservatives, sugar, irradiation, peanuts, soybeans, milk, eggs, crustacean shellfish, tree nuts, wheat, artificial coloring.
*These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.
Ingredients: Organic cloves ground.
The product you receive may contain additional details or differ from what is shown on this page, or the product may have additional information revealed by partially peeling back the label. We recommend you reference the complete information included with your product before consumption and do not rely solely on the details shown on this page. For more information, please see our full disclaimer
Pear Tarte Tatin
A classic French dessert, the rustic tarte Tatin is down-to-earth yet sensuous. If you were to personify it, you could say that it’s confident and unpretentious – comfortable in its own skin. And that’s what makes it charming and endearing. In this recipe, pears are caramelized in a cast iron skillet with butter and coconut sugar, covered in puff pastry and then baked in the skillet until golden. It goes from kitchen to table with nonchalance, flipped onto a serving plate to reveal its inner beauty.
Pear Tarte Tatin
- 4-5 fresh pears (halved and cored)
- 1 stick unsalted butter (softened)
- 1 cup coconut sugar
- 1 10- inch puff pastry
- 2 cinnamon sticks
- 4-5 cloves
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- To cast iron skillet, add butter and spread across entire bottom surface. Spread sugar evenly across butter. Place in cinnamon sticks and cloves. Arrange pears in fan shape, cut side down. Use one pear half in middle if necessary.
- Heat pan over medium-high heat and cook 8-10 minutes until sauce browns and thickens.
- Carefully remove from heat and lay pastry over top. Tuck pastry down inside edges of pan. Pierce surface of dough several times.
- Bake 18-22 minutes or until crust is golden-brown.
- Remove from oven and place large plate face-down over skillet, covering it entirely. With one hand firmly on top of plate, quickly flip over skillet. Lift skillet off plate.
- Cut and serve warm.
Add the ingredients to your cart and order now!