Stony Brook Roasted Pumpkin Seed Oil Description
A Savory, Nutty Finishing Oil
Drizzle on Pasta, Salad, Vegetables
Non-GMO Project Verified
How Do I Use Pumpkin Seed Oil?
Pumpkin seed oil is best used sparingly but often! It has a nutty taste similar to hazelnut or walnut, becoming buttery when combined with other ingredients. Drizzle on pasta, quinoa, or potatoes. Add to yogurt with almonds or fruit such as cantaloupe or berries. use in place of olive oil in apple cider vinaigrettes. To preserve quality and flavor, do not cook with this oil. Its smoke point is 250°F.
Is This Oil Good For Me?
Yes! Pumpkin seed oil is a vegetable based oil with poly- and mono- unsaturated fats, phytonutrients lutein and zeaxanthin, and phytosterols such a s beta-sitosterol.
How Is This Oil Made?
The oil is made from pumpkin seeds sourced exclusively from upstate NY family farms. Seeds are roasted and freshly expeller-pressed in small batches year-round at our Finger Lakes, NY production kitchen.
Keep in a cool, dark, dry place. For best flavor use within 5 months of opening or refrigerate.
GMOs, gluten, nuts.
*These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.
Serving Size: 1 Tbsp. (14 g)
Servings per Container: 25
|Amount Per Serving||% Daily Value|
| Calories from Fat||130|
|Total Fat||14 g||22%|
| Saturated Fat||3 g||15%|
| Trans Fat||0 g|
| Polyunsaturated Fat||6 g|
| Monounsaturated Fat||5 g|
|Total Carbohydrate||0 g||0%|
| Dietary Fiber||0 g||0%|
| Sugars||0 g|
Other Ingredients: 100% unrefined expeller-pressed pumpkin seed oil.
The product packaging you receive may contain additional details or may differ from what is shown on our website. We recommend that you reference the complete information included with your product before consumption and do not rely solely on the details shown on this page. For more information, please see our full disclaimer
Gluten-Free Pumpkin Pasta Bake
Putting a better-for-you spin on traditional baked pasta dishes, this hearty meal is made with gluten-free fusilli, fresh pumpkin and lots of vegan-friendly cheese. Inspired by the season’s star squash, it’s a creamy, cozy celebration of fall flavors. Bonus: it’s ready in under an hour! With comfort food this good, life is gourd
Gluten-Free Pumpkin Pasta Bake
- 2 cups raw fresh pumpkin, cut into 1" cubes
- 1 box Explore Cuisine Organic Chickpea Fusilli
- 2 Tbsp. Nutiva Buttery Coconut Oil
- 1 leek stalk (chopped into 1/2” circles)
- 1 tsp. minced garlic
- 1/3 cup + 2 Tbsp. cashew cheese
- 1-1/2 cups vegetable stock
- 1/2 tsp. dried thyme
- 3 fresh thyme stems (plus more for garnish)
- 1/2 tsp. Celtic sea salt
- 4 oz. vegan cheddar cheese
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In large pot of boiling water, cook pumpkin cubes 17 minutes, until just soft.
- Meanwhile, bring second pot of water to boil. Cook pasta 7 minutes.
- In large skillet over medium-high heat, heat buttery coconut oil. Sauté garlic and leeks until tender, about 5 minutes. Add vegetable broth, sea salt and dried thyme. Gently stir until mixture begins to simmer. Stir in cashew cheese until well-combined.
- Stir in cooked pumpkin and pasta. Transfer to baking dish. Top with vegan cheddar cheese and fresh thyme. Bake 20 minutes.
Add the ingredients to your cart and order now!