TruRoots Organic Sprouted Lentil Blend Description
Experience an abundance of delicious flavor and textures with this unique combination of nature's finest organic ingredients.
At TruRoots®, we believe in truly knowing the food you bring to the table. That's why we nurture strong relationships with farmers who share our commitment to sustainability and high quality, organic foods - so you can have confidence your family is eating the truest of nature's goodness.
Bring 3 cups water or broth to boil in medium heat.
Stir in 1 cup lentils. Cover and simmer over low heat for 4 minutes.
Remove from heat and let stand covered, for 2 minutes. Drain, as needed.
Makes 2 1/2 Cups
*These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.
Serving Size: 1/4 Cup
Servings per Container: Approx 7
|Amount Per Serving||% Daily Value|
|Total Fat||0.5 g||1%|
| Saturated Fat||0 g||0%|
| Trans Fat||0 g|
|Total Carbohydrates||20 g||7%|
| Dietary Fiber||6 g||21%|
| Sugars Includes 0g Added Sugars||1 g|
|Vitamin D||0 mcg||0%|
Other Ingredients: Organic sprouted green lentils, organic sprouted brown lentils, organic sprouted black lentils.
Do not eat raw.
Fully cook before eating.
The product packaging you receive may contain additional details or may differ from what is shown on our website. We recommend that you reference the complete information included with your product before consumption and do not rely solely on the details shown on this page. For more information, please see our full disclaimer
Plant-Based Sloppy Joes
Here’s a sloppy joe recipe for you that defies anything you’ve ever known about making sloppy joes! There’s no packaged meat products required for this family-friendly dish. Ready in 20 minutes, this meal is made up of chunky ground lentils combined with yummy, flavorful veggies and a juicy tomato-based sauce. Spoon mixture in between your favorite buns with a side of homemade coleslaw
and chopped green onion.
Plant-Based Sloppy Joes
- 1 cup TruRoots Sprouted Green Lentils
- 2 cups vegetable broth
- 1 Tbsp. + 1-1/2 tsp. avocado oil
- 1 small yellow onion, (finely diced)
- 1/2 large green bell pepper, (diced)
- 2 large garlic cloves, (minced)
- 1 cup tomato sauce
- 2 Tbsp. tomato paste
- 1-1/4 tsp. light brown sugar
- 1 Tbsp. vegan Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tsp. chili powder
- 3/4 tsp. yellow mustard
- 1/4 tsp. ground black pepper
- 4 burger buns
- In pot over high heat, bring lentils and vegetable broth to boil. Reduce heat to low and cook covered for roughly 15 minutes. Drain liquid and set aside.
- In skillet over medium-high heat, add oil and sauté onions and bell peppers until lightly brown and softened, roughly 8 minutes. Stir in garlic and cook for an additional minute.
- In small pot over medium heat, cook tomato sauce, tomato paste, brown sugar, Worcestershire sauce, chili powder, yellow mustard, garlic powder, onion powder and black pepper. Simmer and stir lentils. Cook until heated through.
- Serve on toasted buns with sides of choice.
Order these ingredients at Vitacost.com and we'll deliver them to your door!