Vitacost Certified Organic Black Beans - Non-GMO and Gluten Free Description
Keep your pantry stocked with healthy, hearty organic black beans – a classic vegan protein favorite!
Non-BPA can lining
Organic & non-GMO
Gluten free & vegan
Bold, black color – mild, smooth flavor
7 grams of protein + 5 grams of fiber per 1/4 cup
No fat, cholesterol, additives or preservatives
Use in chili, burritos, dip & more
Bring on the beans! Whether you’re making veggie burritos, a pot of Tex-Mex chili or a potluck party dip, black beans add a hearty touch to any dish.
A staple in both South and Central American and Caribbean cuisine, black beans are small, ebony gems that cook up soft and creamy, with ivory-colored flesh and a slightly sweet taste.
Beans are packed with plant-powered nutrition – just one 1/4 cup serving of these black beans provides 5 grams of filling fiber and 7 grams of satisfying protein; it’s no surprise that these legumes are beloved by vegetarians, dieters and foodies alike.
Compare to name brands
If you’re a fan of Eden Food® Organic Black Beans, you’re sure to be smitten by this conveniently canned, low-sodium variety from Vitacost®.
Vitacost nutritional products are manufactured to high standards of quality, efficacy and safety. Each Vitacost product meets or exceeds the standards and requirements set forth in the FDA’s Code of Federal Regulation (21 CFR, 111) Current Good Manufacturing Practices (cGMP).
Microwave - Empty contents into microwave-safe dish. Cover dish and microwave on high for 1-2 minutes. Let stand for 1 minute. Stir and serve.
Stovetop - Empty contents into saucepan and heat on medium high to a simmer. Remove from heat, stir and serve. Refrigerate any unused portion in a separate container.
Gluten, GMOs, fat, BPA lining, additives, preservatives.
*These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.
Serving Size: 1/2 Cup (130 g)
Servings per Container: About 3.5
|Amount Per Serving||% Daily Value|
|Total Fat||0 g||0%|
| Saturated Fat||0 g||0%|
| Trans Fat||0 g|
|Total Carbohydrate||20 g||7%|
| Dietary Fiber||5 g||18%|
| Total Sugars||1 g|
| Includes 0g Added Sugars||0%|
|Vitamin D||0 mcg||0%|
*The % Daily Value (DV) tells you how much a nutrient in a serving of food contributes to a daily diet. 2,000 calories a day is used for general nutrition advice.
Other Ingredients: Prepared organic black beans, water, sea salt.
The product packaging you receive may contain additional details or may differ from what is shown on our website. We recommend that you reference the complete information included with your product before consumption and do not rely solely on the details shown on this page. For more information, please see our full disclaimer
Baked Southwest-Style Egg Rolls
An egg roll with southwestern flair? We say, “Let’s roll!”. Mix it up and get spicy – food should be fun! And these baked chicken rolls are as fun to make as they are to eat. The filling can be customized to suite everyone’s tastes. With a brush of oil, they bake up golden and crunchy without the fat from frying. They take just minutes to assemble, less than 20 minutes to cook, and you can precook the chicken or use rotisserie for quicker prep. Grab a good salsa and some sour cream for dipping or drizzling. They also make a great app!
Baked Southwest-Style Egg Rolls
- 20 egg roll wrappers
- Avocado oil or olive oil (for brushing)
- 1-1/2 cups cooked chicken (shredded)
- 1 can black beans (drained)
- 1-1/2 cups canned corn
- 1 red bell pepper (chopped)
- 2 green onions (chopped)
- 2 cloves garlic (minced)
- 1 cup shredded cheese (Monterrey Jack, Mexican blend or cheddar)
- 1 tsp. cumin
- 1 Tbsp. chili powder
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- Mexican crema or sour cream
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F. Line baking tray with parchment paper.
- In large mixing bowl, mix together all filling ingredients.
- To assemble, place 1 square wrapper down in diamond shape with point facing toward you. Scoop large spoonful of filling onto center of wrapper.
- Dab finger in water and wet outside borders of each wrap. Begin folding bottom point up and over filling, then fold in two sides. Then, roll up somewhat tightly to reach top point of wrapper. Rub lightly with finger to seal. Arrange on baking tray. Repeat for remaining rolls.
- Brush rolls with avocado oil or olive oil to help brown.
- Bake 8 minutes, flip and bake another 8-10 minutes until golden-brown.
- Enjoy as is or serve with sour cream, salsa, lime and/or cilantro.
Add the ingredients to your cart to get rolling!