The French word ‘parfait’ literally translates to mean perfect. Of course, the French also define perfect as layers of ice cream with fruit and whipped topping. While that sounds delightful, this parfait recipe crafts something more breakfast-appropriate. Featuring vegan-friendly coconut yogurt and homemade granola, these naturally sweetened cups could not be more, well, perfect.
Makes 8 servings (1/2 parfait)
Macros per serving: 250 calories | 7.5 g protein | 30.4 g carbs | 11.4 g fat | 11.2 g sugar | 6.7 g fiber
2 Tbsp. Vitacost Coconut Oil
1/4 cup Vitacost Organic Maple Syrup
2 cups Vitacost Rolled Oats
1/4 cup Vitacost Organic Pumpkin Seeds
1/4 cup Vitacost Dried Tart Cherries
1 scoop Vitacost ROOT2 Natural Vanilla Pea Protein Powder
1 tsp. Vitacost Organic Ground Cinnamon
1/4 tsp. salt
1-1/2 cups plain, unsweetened coconut yogurt
1/3 cup coconut cream
1/4 cup Vitacost Black Chia Seeds
1. Preheat the oven to 325 degrees F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
2. In a large bowl, add coconut oil and maple syrup. Microwave for 30 seconds; stir until smooth. Heat another 15 seconds, if coconut oil is not yet melted.
3. Add oats, protein powder, pumpkin seeds, dried fruit, cinnamon and salt to bowl of wet ingredients. Stir until well combined.
4. Pour oat mixture onto prepared sheet pan and bake 25 minutes, stirring granola a couple times during baking.
5. Using 4 parfait glasses or small serving cups, layer each parfait: Yogurt on the bottom, and then granola. Make two layers of each. Top with coconut cream, chia seeds and fresh fruit, if desired.
6. Place parfaits in refrigerator to cool for about an hour before serving.