When a sweet reward is on the line, kids quickly learn how to milk their good behavior for all its worth. But adults aren’t much different, especially when a milky dessert is at stake. These orange creamsicle truffles will take you back to ice cream truck music and hot summer days. You’ll do anything to chase down that refreshing citrus flavor. Eat all your veggies? No problem. Vacuum the house? Right on top of it! Now all you have to do is be faster than the kiddos.
Makes 24 truffles
Macros per truffle (without white chocolate): 95 calories | 3.3 g protein | 8.8 g carbs | 6.2 g fat | 4.7 g sugar | 2.7 g fiber
2/3 cup cashew butter
1/3 cup Vitacost Maple Syrup
1/2 cup coconut cream
2 Tbsp. orange juice
1 Tbsp. vanilla extract
1 cup Vitacost Organic Coconut Flour
2 scoops Vitacost ROOT2 Brown Rice Protein Natural Vanilla Flavor
2 Tbsp. orange zest
1/2 cup melted vegan white chocolate chips (optional)
1. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
2. In a large microwave-safe bowl, add cashew butter, maple syrup and coconut cream. Microwave 30 seconds, and then whisk until smooth.
3. Pour in orange juice and vanilla extract. Stir together.
4. Add coconut flour, protein powder and orange zest, and then stir until well combined.
5. Using your hands, roll about 2 tablespoons of batter into a ball. Place ball on prepared baking sheet. Repeat with remaining batter, making about 24 truffles.
6. Place baking sheet in refrigerator at least 1 hour, or until set.
7. If desired, add white chocolate to a microwave-safe bowl. Microwave about 30 seconds, and then stir until completely smooth.
8. Dip truffles in melted white chocolate. Place back in refrigerator until chocolate has hardened.
9. Serve truffles at room temperature. Store leftovers in refrigerator for up to 5 days or in the freezer for up to 1 month.