Eden Foods Organic Roasted Green Tea Hojicha Description
Hojicha Tea is Roasted, Early Summer Tea Leaves
This full flavored brew has earned itself special attention among tea drinkers. A refreshing, authentic, time honored tea. It is tended, harvested, and prepared exactly as it has been for centuries.
Organically grown green tea from Uji, Japan, is slowly roasted creating a full-bodied, delightfully refreshing and satisfying tea whether served steeping hot or iced.
Hojicha is perfect with meals, warm conversation, or quiet contemplation.
Hot: We recommend using a ceramic, glass, earthenware or stainless steel kettle or teapot. Heat water to a rolling boil. Fill a cup and steep the tea bag for 5 to 7 minutes and remove.
Iced: For a glass of ice tea, brew as above using less water. After steeping, cool and then pour into an ice filled glass. To make a pitcher of ice tea, we recommend using 4 tea bags to 1 quart water for 6 servings.
*These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.
Organic roasted green tea leaves camellia sinensis.
Product of Japan.
The product you receive may contain additional details or differ from what is shown on this page, or the product may have additional information revealed by partially peeling back the label. We recommend you reference the complete information included with your product before consumption and do not rely solely on the details shown on this page. For more information, please see our full disclaimer
Matcha Madeleines (Gluten-Free)
A fun spin on delicate French madeleine cookies, these matcha madeleines are soft and buttery, with a subtle earthy taste of matcha powder. These Japanese-style madeleines are perfect with a cup of coffee or tea. They pair nicely with Japanese tea such as sencha
. They look so beautiful that they may cause intimidation, but push through it! They’re actually quite easy to make and just require you to practice the art of patience during the cooling steps. That’s not too “matcha” to ask.
Matcha Madeleines (Gluten-Free)
- 1 cup Pamela's Products All Purpose Flour Mix Gluten-Free
- 1 tsp. Bob's Red Mill Baking Powder
- 1 Tbsp. matcha green tea powder
- ¼ tsp. sea salt
- 8 Tbsp. butter (or vegan butter)
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup organic sugar
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 tsp. confectioners’ sugar
- In saucepan melt butter; let cool to room temperature.
- In bowl, mix together flour, baking powder, matcha powder and salt until well incorporated.
- In separate bowl, using hand mixer, beat eggs and sugar a few minutes until mixture is pale and has thickened.
- Gently fold flour mixture into egg mixture. Add melted butter and slowly mix dough until all ingredients are incorporated. Cover dough with plastic wrap and refrigerate for 3-8 hours.
- Oil madeleine pan with melted butter or oil. Cool pan15 minutes in refrigerator.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Using cookie dough scoop, fill each well of pan with dough. Bake 6-10 minutes.
- Let cool. Sprinkle with confectioners’ sugar before serving, if desired.
Note: Madeleines are best eaten fresh, but will keep for a couple days in an airtight container.