Salads aren’t always made of leafy greens and shredded carrots. That would be boring, and you’re not boring. Actually, you’re rather colorful – and your plate should be, too. Luckily, eating healthy, whole-food-based meals makes for a beautiful display of nature’s rainbow without much additional effort. Case in point: grilled salmon over summer squash. Your eyes will see greens and yellows, pinks and reds. But what you’ll taste far surpasses the spectrum. There’s a good chance, you’ll never again look at salad in the same light.
gluten-free * dairy free
Salmon & Squash Salad
8 oz. salmon fillet, skinned & de-boned
1 yellow squash, spiralized or cut into strips
1 zucchini, spiralized or cut into strips
8 cherry tomatoes
1/2 cup feta crumbles
1 Tbsp. fresh parsley, chopped
Zest of 1 lemon
Sea salt, to taste
- Preheat grill to high heat.
- In a medium bowl, add all dressing ingredients, except olive oil. Mix thoroughly until well combined. Slowly add olive oil, gently whisky to combine. Taste and add more seasons, as desired.
- In a large bowl, add squash, tomatoes, feta, parsley, lemon and salt. Mix to combine.
- Drizzle half of the dressing over the salad, cover and let sit for 15 minutes to marinate.
- While that rests, cook salmon on the grill. Season fillet with a pinch of sea salt and rub with a splash of olive oil.
- Coat grill with non-stick cooking spray and carefully place salmon on heated grill. Cook 4-5 minute, turning frequently. *If you prefer a well-done salmon, cook an additional 2 minutes.
- Plate squash salad and place salmon fillet on top. Drizzle on the remaining dressing and serve.