Ener-G Select™ Gluten Free Bread Sourdough White Description
Ener-G Select™ and Ener-G®
Ener-G Foods began producing high quality gluten-free foods in 1962. Our dedicated gluten-free facilities have separate lines for egg containing products. Our "Ener-G Select" products contain egg. Our "Ener-G" products are egg-free.
We pioneered a vacuum packaging system to obtain a long unrefrigerated shelf life without mold inhibitors. We believe that eliminating refrigerated storage and transportation helps us to maintain products quality and reduces greenhouse gas emissions. We guaranteed the freshness and quality of our products up to their "Best By Date."
Microwave for 15-30 seconds to soften bread or toast as desired.
Refrigerate after opening.
Gluten, dairy, nut and soy.
*These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.
Serving Size: 1 Slice (33 g)
Servings per Container: About 12
|Amount Per Serving||% Daily Value|
|Calories from Fat||30|
|Total Fat||3.5 g||5%|
| Saturated Fat||0 g||0%|
| Trans Fat||0 g|
|Total Carbohydrate||12 g||4%|
| Dietary Fiber||2 g||8%|
| Sugars||3 g|
Other Ingredients: Filtered water, rice flour (white and sweet rice), sour dough starter (rice flour, tapioca syrup, yeast, salt), high oleic safflower oil, tapioca starch, evaporated cane sugar, yeast, pear juice concentrate, bamboo fiber, egg white powder, modified cellulose, baking powder (glucono delta lactone, calcium carbonate, magnesium carbonate), salt, orange citrus fiber, enriched thiamin (vitamin B1), riboflavin (vitamin B2), niacin, iron, folic acid.
Do Not Freeze Prior to Opening.
Packaging may contain a non-toxic sachet to increase shelf life. Do not eat sachet.
The product packaging you receive may contain additional details or may differ from what is shown on our website. We recommend that you reference the complete information included with your product before consumption and do not rely solely on the details shown on this page. For more information, please see our full disclaimer
Greek-Style Pull-Apart Bread
There’s something special about breaking bread with friends and family. But it’s even better when there’s actually bread on the table to break. Not just any ole baguette will do, though. To bring everyone together, you need something they can pull apart. This mozzarella-crusted loaf is seasoned with a tangy blend of garlic, oregano and lemon oil. Though it comes out of the oven pre-sliced and ready to break, expect crumbs to fall and relationships to build.
Makes: 1 loaf
1 large loaf sourdough or Greek Horiatiko Psomi
2 sticks unsalted butter
5 Tbsp. Gustus Vitae Taste of Greece Gourmet Seasoning
1/2 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
1 Tbsp. fresh parsley, chopped
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F and line a baking sheet with foil.
- Using a serrated knife, cut bread loaf diagonally each way, creating 1-inch diamonds. Tip: Cut down to the base, don’t go all the way through.
- In a ramekin or small bowl, add butter and 4 tablespoons seasoning. Microwave 30-40 seconds, or until melted. Stir to combine.
- Using a butter knife, spread open the diamond cuts and pour the melted butter into the crevasses. As you pour, stir the mixture to evenly distribute the seasoning.
- Sprinkle mozzarella over top buttered loaf.
- Place loaf on prepared baking sheet. Cover with another layer of foil and bake 15 minutes.
- Remove top layer of foil and bake another 5 minutes, or until cheese is fully melted and a nice golden crust forms.
- Top off with remaining tablespoon of seasoning and chopped fresh parsley. Serve warm.