Equal Exchange Organic French Roast Ground Coffee Description
100% Fair Trade
- Intensely Dark & Full Bodied
- Blend Dark Roast
- Grown by Small Farmers
- Collected at Farmer Co-Ops
- Roasted at Equal Exchange
- Brewed and Enjoyed by You
The coffee beans have traveled a great distances to reach your cup. At Equal Exchange, we wake up thinking about how to bridge the gap between coffee growers and coffee drinkers. We rely on our producer partners to bring us the finest coffee available. We rely on ourselves to enhance the cup characteristics with each roast. And we rely on you to purchase, protect and release the fine attributes of each coffee you brew.
1 - 2 TBSP of coffee for 6 oz. of water. To strong? To light? Adjust so it comes out just the way you like it. More brewing tips online
*These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.
Ingredients: Organic Arabica Coffee.
The product you receive may contain additional details or differ from what is shown on this page, or the product may have additional information revealed by partially peeling back the label. We recommend you reference the complete information included with your product before consumption and do not rely solely on the details shown on this page. For more information, please see our full disclaimer
DIY Chipotle-Coffee Rub for Chicken
There’s nothing wrong with roasted chicken over mixed greens, but it isn’t exactly the most exciting meal. A simple solution? Kick your chicken up a notch with this delicious homemade chipotle and coffee rub. It’s made with ingredients you probably already have in your pantry, and letting the chicken sit overnight gives it an unforgettable earthy, smoky and bold taste.
4 Tbsp. olive oil
3 Tbsp. brown sugar
3 Tbsp. ground coffee
1-1/2 tsp. chipotle powder
1-1/2 tsp. smoked paprika
1-1/2 tsp. kosher salt
1 tsp. garlic powder
1/2 tsp. cayenne pepper
1 whole chicken
3 pieces of bread
4 Tbsp. olive oil
8 cups mixed greens
- In bowl, mix together ingredients for rub. Add chicken to bowl and coat with rub mixture.
- Tuck wings under body, tie together legs and wrap chicken in plastic. Refrigerate for 24 hours.
- Preheat oven to 500 degrees F.
- Arrange bread in cast iron skillet. Remove chicken from plastic and place on top of bread, breast side up. Roast chicken for 30 minutes, then turn over, drizzle with 2 Tbsp. olive oil and roast for another 15 minutes.
- Remove skillet from oven and wrap with tin foil; let skillet sit at room temperature for 30 minutes.
- On cutting board, cut bread into cubes for croutons.
- Serve chicken over mixed greens.