Vitacost Certified Organic Garlic Powder Description
Vitacost® Organic Garlic Powder
USDA Certified Organic
Smooth, finely ground texture
Control the potency
The rich, pungent flavor you’d expect from garlic
Perfect for seasoning veggies, sauces & toasted bread
Vitacost® Organic Garlic Powder adds spice to your life
Did you go overboard? When you’re showering your best friend with birthday presents, that’s perfectly acceptable. When you’re seasoning dinner with fresh garlic, it’s not quite as OK. Even just one clove can wipe out the other flavors like a tidal wave. There’s a simple solution: keep a lid on the pungent spice by opting instead for Vitacost® Organic Garlic Powder.
Garlic powder is simply dehydrated garlic. Once finely ground, you get Vitacost® Organic Garlic Powder. The light-as-air texture means it easily mixes into chili, casseroles, sauces, dry rubs and other combination dishes without steering the taste too far off course. If you want garlic to be the anchor (on toasted bread or roasted veggies), simply add more powder – gradually. Unlike a fresh clove, Vitacost® Organic Garlic Powder lets you easily control the potency in your recipe so your guests don’t jump ship.
What’s the best way to cook with Vitacost® Organic Garlic Powder?
• Use to make a dry rub for meats
• Stir into chili, sauces & soups
• Use to season homemade French fries
• Mix with olive oil and drizzle over toasted bread
• Sprinkle over hearty vegetables before roasting
Check the Tips & Recipes tab for many more great uses of Vitacost® Organic Garlic Powder
Vitacost® products are manufactured to high standards of quality and safety. Each Vitacost® product meets or exceeds the standards and requirements set forth in the FDA’s Code of Federal Regulation (21 CFR, 110) Current Good Manufacturing Practices (cGMP).
Keep dry and at room temperature (59°-86°F [15°-30°C]).
*These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.
Ingredients: Organic garlic powder.
The product packaging you receive may contain additional details or may differ from what is shown on our website. We recommend that you reference the complete information included with your product before consumption and do not rely solely on the details shown on this page. For more information, please see our full disclaimer
Baked Curry Tofu
Perfect for salads, wraps and bowls, these curry-dusted tofu cubes are a high-protein superstar you’ll be happy to have in your repertoire. The tofu is coated in a blend of fragrant and health-supportive Indian spices – including turmeric, cumin and coriander – then baked to golden, crispy-on-the-outside perfection. There’s no need for long pressing or marinating times, this delicious dish is ready in a half an hour, making it a perfect option for lunch or dinner.
Baked Curry Tofu
- 1 block extra firm or firm tofu
- 2 tsp. flaxseed meal
- 1 Tbsp arrowroot starch
- 1/2 tsp. turmeric
- 1/2 tsp. cumin
- 1/4 tsp. coriander
- 1/4 tsp. garlic powder
- 1/8 tsp. cayenne
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp. black pepper
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Turn on fan. Line baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Using a clean dish dowl, wrap tofu and lightly press to remove some moisture. Slice into 1/2-inch cubes. If tofu still feels very wet, wrap in dish towel and lightly press to dry again. (Slight moisture will help the spices stick).
- In medium bowl, mix together flax meal, starch and spices until thoroughly combined. Toss in tofu pieces until thoroughly coated.
- On prepared baking sheet, arrange tofu pieces, being careful to not overcrowd. Bake 15 minutes.
Short on spices? Use 1-1/2 teaspoons curry powder in place of the turmeric, cumin, coriander and garlic powder.
Add the ingredients to your cart and order now!