Kitchen Basics Organic Vegetable Stock Gluten Free Description
Stock for Cooking
No MSG Added Except that which Naturally Occurs in Tomatoes
Deep, concentrated flavor that Rivals Homemade
Created with Love by Kitchen Basics
We reduce the risk of allergen reactions by specifying that our Kitchen Basics ingredients must not contain *milk, *eggs, *peanuts, or tree nuts.
*Each production run is tested for the absence of these allergens to 5ppm. We do not add MSG or gluten.
Ready to use. Do not dilute.
Freeze leftover stock in freezable container and use within 60 days.
add a Splash of stock to sautéed vegetables
Swap stock in place of oil for hummus
Stock + Left Overs = Fresher tasting food
Freeze in ice cube trays to use for quick pan cooking.
Heat & Sip for a savory snack.
Use instead of water when cooking
*These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.
Serving Size: 1 Cup (240 mL)
Servings per Container: About 4
|Amount Per Serving||% Daily Value|
| Calories from Fat||0|
|Total Fat||0 g||0%|
| Saturated Fat||0 g||0%|
| Trans Fat||0 g|
|Total Carbohydrate||2 g||1%|
| Dietary Fiber||0 g||0%|
| Sugars||2 g|
|Protein Less than||1 g|
Other Ingredients: Organic vegetable stock [water, organic cooked vegetables (organic carrot, organic onion, organic celery)], sea salt, organic evaporated cane syrup, organic tomato paste, organic cane sugar, organic molasses, organic onion powder, organic natural flavor, organic potato flour and organic spice and herbs (organic black pepper, organic bay leaf, organic thyme).
The product you receive may contain additional details or differ from what is shown on this page, or the product may have additional information revealed by partially peeling back the label. We recommend you reference the complete information included with your product before consumption and do not rely solely on the details shown on this page. For more information, please see our full disclaimer
Kale & Mushroom Savory Bread Pudding
Bread puddings aren’t just for dessert. Think outside the sweet. You could think of this savory version as the sophisticated sister of the bread pudding family – the one with gourmet taste. It starts off with sourdough bread that’s softened with a custard base, then mixes in sautéed garlic, kale, mushrooms and Gruyere cheese. When baked, the exterior crisps slightly to a golden-brown while the inside remains wonderfully soft. Serve it as an entrée for breakfast, lunch or dinner.
Kale & Mushroom Savory Bread Pudding
- 1 sourdough loaf (stale and cut into 1-inch cubes)
- 1-2 Tbsp. olive oil
- ½ red onion (sliced)
- 3 garlic cloves (minced)
- 8 oz. mushrooms (sliced)
- 1 tsp. fresh thyme (chopped)
- 1 tsp. fresh rosemary (chopped)
- 1 bunch kale (chopped - about 3 cups)
- 4 large eggs
- 1 cup milk
- 1 cup vegetable stock
- 1 cup Gruyere cheese
- Salt (to taste)
- Black pepper (to taste)
- Parmesan cheese (for garnish, optional)
- In large pan over medium heat, heat olive oil.
- Add onions and cook until soft, about 5 minutes.
- Add garlic and cook 1-2 minutes.
- Add mushrooms and cook until browned and softened. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Stir in rosemary and thyme and cook 1-2 minutes.
- Add kale and sauté until just wilted. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- In large bowl, combine sourdough cubes and kale/mushroom mixture and mix gently. Set aside to cool.
- In large bowl, beat eggs.
- Add milk and vegetable stock and beat until well combined. Season with salt and pepper as desired.
- Pour egg mixture into bowl with bread mixture and add gruyere cheese. Using spatula, toss together until bread is fully coated.
- Into greased ceramic baking dish, pour bread pudding.
- Cover and refrigerate at least 1 hour and up to overnight.
- When ready to bake, preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Remove dish from refrigerator and let sit out about 30 minutes.
- Remove foil and bake about 45 minutes.
- Serve warm. Top with freshly grated parmesan cheese before serving, if desired.
Get these ingredients and more from Vitacost.