Kitchen Basics Organic Vegetable Stock Gluten Free Description
Stock for Cooking
No MSG Added Except that which Naturally Occurs in Tomatoes
Deep, concentrated flavor that Rivals Homemade
Created with Love by Kitchen Basics
We reduce the risk of allergen reactions by specifying that our Kitchen Basics ingredients must not contain *milk, *eggs, *peanuts, or tree nuts.
*Each production run is tested for the absence of these allergens to 5ppm. We do not add MSG or gluten.
Ready to use. Do not dilute.
Freeze leftover stock in freezable container and use within 60 days.
add a Splash of stock to sautéed vegetables
Swap stock in place of oil for hummus
Stock + Left Overs = Fresher tasting food
Freeze in ice cube trays to use for quick pan cooking.
Heat & Sip for a savory snack.
Use instead of water when cooking
*These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.
Serving Size: 1 Cup (240 mL)
Servings per Container: About 4
|Amount Per Serving||% Daily Value|
| Calories from Fat||0|
|Total Fat||0 g||0%|
| Saturated Fat||0 g||0%|
| Trans Fat||0 g|
|Total Carbohydrate||2 g||1%|
| Dietary Fiber||0 g||0%|
| Sugars||2 g|
|Protein Less than||1 g|
Other Ingredients: Organic vegetable stock [water, organic cooked vegetables (organic carrot, organic onion, organic celery)], sea salt, organic evaporated cane syrup, organic tomato paste, organic cane sugar, organic molasses, organic onion powder, organic natural flavor, organic potato flour and organic spice and herbs (organic black pepper, organic bay leaf, organic thyme).
The product you receive may contain additional details or differ from what is shown on this page, or the product may have additional information revealed by partially peeling back the label. We recommend you reference the complete information included with your product before consumption and do not rely solely on the details shown on this page. For more information, please see our full disclaimer
Black-Eyed Pea Soup
Do you have healthy diet goals, yet still crave unhealthy comfort food
? We’ve got a solution! Here’s a dish that’s comforting, warm and healthy – all at the same time! This delicious black-eyed pea soup is a nutritious, super-comforting meal for cold winter days and beyond. Made with hearty organic black-eyed peas and fresh vegetables like kale, carrots and celery, this soup is full of vitamins that will give you the nutrients you need while tasting great at the same time.
Black-Eyed Pea Soup
- 2 Tbsp. California Olive Ranch Extra-Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 medium onion (diced)
- 2 garlic cloves (minced)
- 4 celery ribs (diced)
- 4 medium carrots (rounded)
- 4 kale leaves (chopped)
- 4 cups Kitchen Basics Organic Gluten-Free Vegetable Stock
- 3 cans Eden Foods Organic Black-Eyed Peas (or Shiloh Farms Organic Black-Eyed Peas for dry beans*)
- 1 can Bionaturae Organic Diced Tomatoes
- 1 tsp. Redmond Real Salt Ancient Kosher Sea Salt (or to taste)
- 1 tsp. Frontier Co-Op Organic Paprika
- 1 tsp. Frontier Co-Op Organic Onion Powder
- 1 tsp. Frontier Co-Op Organic Garlic Powder
- ¼ tsp. Frontier Co-Op Organic Fine Grind Black Pepper (or to taste)
- In soup pot over medium heat, add olive oil. Add onions and sauté for about 5 minutes until the onions are translucent. Add garlic, celery and carrots and cook for another 5 minutes until vegetables start to get soft.
- Add vegetable broth, black eyed peas, diced tomatoes and spices (salt, paprika, onion powder, garlic powder, black pepper) and cook on medium to low heat for about 30 minutes until vegetables are soft.
- Add kale leaves and cook for another 10 minutes or until greens are soft and cooked.
- Serve warm with bread or cornbread. Leftovers can be refrigerated in an airtight container for about 5 days. You can also freeze leftovers to use later.
- *Dry black-eyed pea option: Not into canned beans? Cook your own at home! Soak black eyed peas overnight or for around 6 to 8 hours. Drain water and rinse beans. Transfer beans to pot, add enough water to cover the peas and cook for about 40 mins to 1 hour, until beans are soft.
- Order the ingredients you need to make this recipe at Vitacost.com!