Live Happy. Live Healthy. Live NOW. | Vitacost.com
NOW Foods Crystallized Ginger Slices Description
Did you know that Ginger was so treasured for its distinctive flavor that is was the basis of the world's economy for centuries? Or that dynasties rose and fell solely on control of the ginger trade? Talk about clout! Today Ginger is still one of the most popular spices in the world.
NOW Real Food Organic Crystallized Ginger Slices contain no added sulfur and are produced from the finest natural ginger rhizomes. They add an exotic flavor to many recipes, and they're perfect for homemade candy-making. Best of all, you can eat them right out of the bag for a serious burst of flavor!
This product contains no added sulfur, however, naturally occurring sulfites may be present.
Because you are what you eat, NOW Real Food has been committed to providing delicious, healthy, natural and organic foods since 1968. We're independent, family owned, and proud of it. Keep it natural. Keep it real.
Refrigeration recommended after opening.
Gluten, GMOs preservatives.
*These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.
Serving Size: About 7 Pieces (40 g)
Servings per Container: 9
|Amount Per Serving||% Daily Value|
|Total Fat||0 g||0%|
| Saturated Fat||0 g||0%|
| Trans Fat||0 g|
|Total Carbohydrate||35 g||13%|
| Dietary Fiber||1 g||4%|
| Total Sugars||28 g|
| Includes Added Sugar||26 g||52%|
|Vitamin D||0 mcg||0%|
Other Ingredients: Organic cane sugar, organic ginger root.
Packaged in a peanut-free facility that processes tree nuts.
The product you receive may contain additional details or differ from what is shown on this page, or the product may have additional information revealed by partially peeling back the label. We recommend you reference the complete information included with your product before consumption and do not rely solely on the details shown on this page. For more information, please see our full disclaimer
Gluten-Free Ginger Scones with Lemon Glaze
When you have a little extra time, bake your breakfast! These sweet-and-zesty pastries make for a tasty weekend morning treat. But if you’re late to rise, enjoy one (or two!) with a calming tea in the afternoon or you can even sneak in a bite for dessert! Made with real lemons and crystallized ginger, these crumbly scones take little time to prepare and around 20 minutes to bake. Glaze each one with a sugary-lemon glaze or feel free to omit for a more savory biscuit!
1 pkg. Namaste Foods Gluten-Free Muffin & Scone Mix
8 Tbsp. cold butter
2 tsp. finely grated lemon zest
2 Tbsp. fresh lemon juice
2 eggs, beaten
1/3 cup milk
1/2 cup finely chopped candied ginger
2 cups Vitacost Organic Powdered Sugar
3 Tbsp. lemon juice
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Line cookie sheet with parchment paper.
- In bowl, whisk together dry mix and lemon zest. Cut butter into mixture using pastry blender or forks until somewhat crumbly. Add eggs, milk and lemon juice and stir until just combined. Fold in chopped ginger.
- Lightly flour working surface. Roll dough into ball and transfer. Pat into about a 10-in. round disc and press to flatten to about 1/2-in. thick.
- Using a floured knife, cut dough into 8 wedges and arrange 1-in. apart on cookie sheet.
- Bake 19-22 minutes, until scones are lightly browned on bottom. Remove from oven and allow to rest about 5 minutes before moving to wire rack. Allow to cool completely before glazing.
- To glaze, whisk lemon juice with powdered sugar until smooth. Drizzle over scones and let stand 15 minutes before serving.