Live Happy. Live Healthy. Live NOW. | Vitacost.com
NOW Foods Organic Cocoa Powder Description
From mouth watering desserts to steaming cups of hot chocolate, Cocoa Powder is a must for any kitchen. Cocoa Lovers™ Organic Cocoa Powder is a guilt-free way to satisfy your sweet tooth without the sugar, fat, and preservatives commonly found in other brands.
The Perfect Cup of Organic Hot Cocoa:
2 tsp Turbinado Sugar
1 tsp NOW® Real Food Organic Cocoa Powder
1/2 cup Water
1 cup Organic Milk
1/4 tsp Vanilla Extract
Place sugar, cocoa, and water into a saucepan on medium heat.
Allow for mixture to reach a soft boil.
Add milk and heat for an additional 3 minutes.
Remove from heat and whisk in vanilla.
Serve warm and enjoy!
*These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.
Serving Size: 1 Tsp. (Approx. 2.5 g)
Servings per Container: About 136
|Amount Per Serving||% Daily Value|
| Calories from Fat <||5|
|Total Fat <||0.5 g||<1%|
| Saturated Fat||0 g||0%|
| Trans Fat||0 g||*|
|Total Carbohydrate <||1 g||<1%|
| Dietary Fiber <||1 g||3%|
| Sugars||0 g||*|
|Protein <||1 g||*|
*Daily value not established.
Other Ingredients: Organic cocoa powder
The product you receive may contain additional details or differ from what is shown on this page, or the product may have additional information revealed by partially peeling back the label. We recommend you reference the complete information included with your product before consumption and do not rely solely on the details shown on this page. For more information, please see our full disclaimer
Vegan Lamingtons: Coconut Cake Squares
These super moist cake squares, known as Lamingtons, are dipped in a silky smooth chocolate glaze and coated with fine dried coconut flakes. Lamingtons originated in Australia where they are a well-known, traditional treat. The sponge cake is light and fluffy, but gains structure with refrigeration in order to hold its shape when coated. These pretty squares look as if they’ve been dusted with snow, making them a perfect sweet bite for winter.
Vegan Lamingtons: Coconut Cake Squares
- 1/2 cup plant-based butter (room temperature)
- 3/4 cup organic cane sugar
- 2 Tbsp. Bob’s Red Mill Egg Replacer (+ 1/4 cup water)
- 1/4 tsp. almond extract
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup oat milk
- 1/2 tsp. lemon juice
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 Tbsp. baking powder
- 1/8 tsp. Himalayan fine pink salt
- 3 cups organic cane sugar
- 2/3 cup cocoa powder
- 1/3 cup plant-based butter
- 1 cup oat milk
- 2 cups fine coconut flakes
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line 8-inch square pan with parchment paper.
- In mixing bowl, cream together butter and sugar. Add pre-combined egg replacer and extracts; stir until smooth.
- In small bowl, combine oat milk and lemon juice; set aside for 1 minute. Mix into butter/sugar mixture until well combined.
- Into mixing bowl with dry ingredients, sift flour, baking powder and salt and stir until batter comes together. (Note: Do not over-mix.)
- Pour batter into prepared pan and tap pan on counter to remove any air pockets.
- Bake 25-30 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Cool 5 minutes before removing from pan to cool completely. Wrap cake and refrigerate 4 hours to overnight.
- After cake is chilled, in small saucepan over medium heat, melt together ingredients for chocolate glaze. Remove from heat and allow to cool.
- On two separate plates, spread out coconut flakes. (Note: This helps to prevent them from discoloring and clumping together.)
- Remove cake from refrigerator and slice into squares or rectangles. Thinly shear off top and bottom so chocolate sauce better adheres and absorbs.
- Dip one side of cake square quickly into chocolate glaze, repeating on all sides. Dip each side into coconut to cover completely and set on plate; repeat with all cake squares.
- Refrigerate until ready to serve.
(Note: Refrigerate chocolate glaze for other desserts such as topping for ice cream.)
Add the ingredients to your cart and order now!