Scharffen Berger 99% Cacao Dark Chocolate Unsweetened Description
Our 99% cacao unsweetened chocolate adds a new dimension of flavor to classic desserts and other dishes. With a fruit-forward character, a long finish and balanced acidity, this bar is complex, yet remarkably smooth. Our distinctive chocolates are created using the world's best cacao beans blended in small batches on vintage European equipment.
*These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.
Serving Size: 1 Piece (55 g)
Servings per Container: About 5
|Amount Per Serving||% Daily Value|
| Calories from Fat||250|
|Total Fat||30 g||46%|
| Saturated Fat||19 g||95%|
| Trans Fat||0 g||*|
|Total Carbohydrate||14 g||5%|
| Dietary Fiber||9 g||36%|
| Sugars >||1 g||*|
*Daily value not established.
Other Ingredients: Cacao beans, whole vanilla beans.
The product packaging you receive may contain additional details or may differ from what is shown on our website. We recommend that you reference the complete information included with your product before consumption and do not rely solely on the details shown on this page. For more information, please see our full disclaimer
Flourless Chocolate Tortes
Whether it’s a special kind of love, another candle on the cake or a promotion at work, life has many moments to celebrate. But if you’re going to splurge with your salutations, it better involve chocolate. By using the darkest, unsweetened chocolate you can find, you’ll not only enjoy the decadence of dessert but will find that a little goes a long way. Not to worry. These flourless chocolate tortes are already served in personally portioned ramekins, so you’re less likely to go overindulge. After all, don’t you want to share your joy with someone?
1/2 cup, plus 1 tbsp. coconut oil
1 cup unsweetened dark chocolate (at least 85%)
1/2 cup coconut butter
2/3 cup raw honey
6 extra-large eggs
1/2 banana, thinly sliced and frozen
1/4 oz. pecans, toasted and chopped
Himalayan pink salt
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F and use 1 tablespoon coconut oil to grease 6 ramekins.
- Using a double-boiler, heat 1/2 cup coconut oil, chocolate and coconut butter until completely smooth and melted.
- Stir in honey until fully incorporated. Remove mixture from heat and let cool.
- While cooling, separate yolks and whites of eggs.
- In a small bowl, whisk yolks until thick.
- In a separate, clean bowl, whip egg whites until peaks form.
- Once chocolate mixture is cool, pour into a large mixing bowl.
- Fold in egg yolks, and then add egg whites. Stir carefully to combine.
- Pour batter into prepared ramekins and bake about 30 minutes.
- Let tortes cool 10 minutes before serving. Top with fruit, nuts, a dusting of salt or nothing at all – they’re delicious either way.