Vitacost Certified Organic Basil Description
Vitacost® Organic Basil
USDA Certified Organic
Dried basil leaves with garden-fresh flavor
Aromatic & slightly sweet
Add to soups, sauces, salsas & more
Vitacost® Organic Basil adds spice to your life
Everyone from your grandma to the 20-something hipster couple next door grows their own fresh herbs. Undoubtedly, they look beautiful in their colorful, window boxes or symmetrical wall arrangements. But your grandma didn’t pass down her grass-stained, gardening genes, which means fresh herbs and spices aren’t a staple in your kitchen. Vitacost® Organic Basil will change that.
Though you don’t pluck it from the pot, Vitacost® Organic Basil tastes nearly as fresh as if you had. That’s why it works equally well in a creamy pesto, hearty, Italian pasta or homemade bruschetta. And it’s not just the peppery-sweet flavor that makes this dried basil an impressive alternative. The cheery aroma of Vitacost® Organic Basil is so close to the real thing, you’ll be eating with your nose first. See? No green thumb, no problem!
What’s the best way to cook with Vitacost® Organic Basil?
• Add to cold pasta salad with crumbled feta
• Sprinkled into homemade marinara
• Blend with nuts and olive oil to make pesto
• Stir with fresh diced tomatoes for bruschetta
• Mix into dough when making pizza crust or bread
Check the Tips & Recipes tab for many more great uses of Vitacost® Organic Basil
Vitacost® products are manufactured to high standards of quality and safety. Each Vitacost® product meets or exceeds the standards and requirements set forth in the FDA’s Code of Federal Regulation (21 CFR, 110) Current Good Manufacturing Practices (cGMP).
Keep dry and at room temperature (59°-86°F [15°-30°C]).
*These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.
Ingredients: Organic basil
The product packaging you receive may contain additional details or may differ from what is shown on our website. We recommend that you reference the complete information included with your product before consumption and do not rely solely on the details shown on this page. For more information, please see our full disclaimer
Garlic Shrimp and Zoodles Skinny Scampi
Zucchini noodles, aka zoodles, are a fresh, colorful and fun work-around to the gluten and carbs in traditional pasta. This garlic shrimp dish also ditches butter in favor of olive oil, and it’s bursting with flavor with its healthy mix of Italian spices. For a hint of cheesy-ness, try sprinkling on a little vegan Parmesan
. It’s a quick, protein-packed and thoroughly satisfying skinny twist on scampi.
Tips to avoid soggy zoodles: Keep the skin on your zucchini when spiralizing, and pat the zoodles dry with paper towels. Don’t overcook! Zucchini noodles cook quickly, taking just 2 to 3 minutes to warm up in a hot pan. Zoodles should be cooked al dente – just like pasta.
Garlic Shrimp and Zoodles Skinny Scampi
- 1 lb. zucchini noodles (approx. 3 zucchini, spiralized)
- 1 lb. large raw shrimp (peeled and deveined)
- ½ lb. cherry tomatoes (halved)
- 3 Tbsp. olive oil
- 3-4 tsp. minced garlic
- 1/2 tsp. dried basil
- 1/2 tsp. dried oregano
- 1/2 tsp. dried parsley
- 1/4 tsp. dried rosemary
- 1/4 tsp. dried thyme
- 1/4 tsp. red pepper flakes
- Salt to taste
- Pepper to taste
- In bowl, combine basil, oregano, parsley, rosemary, thyme and red pepper flakes. Add shrimp and toss to coat.
- In large cast iron skillet over medium-high heat, heat 1 Tbsp. oil and sauté garlic until fragrant. Add shrimp and spices, season with salt and pepper and cook for 1 minute per side or until pink. Remove shrimp and set aside.
- Add 2 Tbsp. oil to pan along with zucchini and tomatoes; season with salt and pepper and cook for 2-3 minutes, or until tender. Remove from heat.
- Return cooked shrimp to pan and mix together.
Get the quality ingredients you need from Vitacost.com!